What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Amazon prime

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am sure it has been posted somewhere, but just in case...... Amazon now has an app available to show video. If you have Amazon Prime, you can watch any of the videos available for free. Finding the videos is a PITA but once you find what you want, it is a great way to watch movies and TV shows.

Dougr33

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If I may add... Amazon has chosen to disable the program on jailbroken iPads. A free Cydia app called xCon makes everything work out. (does NOT allow non-Prime members to gain free access).

iPadOhana

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Love Amazon Prime...I hope this works well on the iPads, I've been reading it's had some issues...I'll try it this weekend...

superfish

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks dougr33 I got all excited and downloaded it yesteray and got the "no work" message. I'm off to Cydia.
bp

OP
Seadog

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The one catch appears to be that it is blocked from 3/4G. With Hulu plus being offered on AppleTV, it could be that other changes my be coming. I would expect to see more content on the AppleTV.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
iPadOhana said:
Love Amazon Prime...I hope this works well on the iPads, I've been reading it's had some issues...I'll try it this weekend...

The app is working fine for me.

crw1948

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It works great on my IPad 3; however, it does not support AirPly. You would think Apple TV would allow you to watch the movie, only sound. I contacted Customer Service and they confirmed. It word be great if Apple TV would allow Amazon Instant Video Prime.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It works great on my IPad 3; however, it does not support AirPly. You would think Apple TV would allow you to watch the movie, only sound. I contacted Customer Service and they confirmed. It word be great if Apple TV would allow Amazon Instant Video Prime.

It's not an Apple TV problem, it's an Amazon not letting you problem. HBO Go does the same thing. Apple wants you to use the feature else they would not have built it in there.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
hector361 said:
I was reading that some people get Amazon Prime for free. But when I log into my Amazon account it says $80 bucks.

Anyone know how to get it for free?

Amazon Prime Review

No one gets it for free. You get free stuff if you are a member, but it is not really free, but they keep improving the value of the service.

Somerled

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.deckyon.com
I just signed up for Prime as well. I am pleasantly surprized the amount of videos and shows I get now. I also have NetFlix and Hulu+. Prime will probably be the last straw for broadcast cable leaving my house. I want to see how this up comming season plays out, but if I am able to watch the shows I want to, then I am turning off Cable TV and saving $100/month.

Something I have not tried, but with iPad miroring on the 3rd Gen, I wonder if it will stream to the ATV. Worth a try. Not fretting too much, my DVD player has Prime already.

iJamesH

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I was reading that some people get Amazon Prime for free. But when I log into my Amazon account it says $80 bucks.

Anyone know how to get it for free?

Amazon Prime Review

A while back I got a free trial of AP that let's you try it out but don't know if they still do that. I also got the same free trial when I got my Kindle Fire but other than that there is no free way of getting AP.

Most reactions

Latest posts