What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Amazing portrait of Morgan Freeman finger-painted on an iPad

RaduTyrsina

News Team
Reaction score
kyle-lambert-morgan-freeman-photorealistic-ipad-painting-640x473.jpg

Artists can do crazy things with such a versatile tool like Apple’s iconic iPad tablet. Recently, Kyle Lambert, an artist from UK, has posted a video online showcasing the photo-realistic portrait he drew of actor Morgan Freeman using only his fingers and his iPad.

The fingerpainting artist spent more than 200 hours working on the digital work, which represents one of the world's most realistic finger painting so far. Lambert has used the iOS app Procreate and made over 285,000 brushstrokes to get to its final form that you can see in the above picture.

The time-lapse video depicts the entire time-consuming process of painting with incredible accuracy all the details of Morgan Freeman’s face - facial hair, freckles, tiny beads of sweat and even the moisture. Here’s how the “About†page on Kyle Lambert’s reads like:

My work combines my passion for art, technology and storytelling. I trained as a traditional oil painter/illustrator and consider my main strengths to be the manipulation of colour, light and form to visualise story sequences, character designs and environment concepts.

I have a fine attention to detail, a strong work ethic and place a lot of emphasis on research and experimentation in my work. I thrive on the constant challenge to learn and improve as an artist and love what I do. My clients include Apple, Adobe, BBC Television, GQ Magazine, Paramount Studios, Pixelmator, Savage Interactive and Wacom.

What do you think of Kyle’s work? Can this still be considered art, even if such a high-tech tool like an iPad was used?

Source: CultofMac

Last edited by a moderator:

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Amazing. I thought that was a photo!

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Boy...did he have to stop between each stroke to record the change to make this? The guy really gives meaning to the phrase "Patience of Job".

Most reactions

Latest posts