What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Aloha, new ipad owner

manjushri

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Aloha to all. I just purchased a 32 g 3g ipad. I will be using it mainly for travel and reviewing photo's in the field. If any one has any suggestions to some great photo app's that will allow me to work with raw files I am open to all ideas.
Thanks

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Great to hear from you. I'm not a photographer, so I can't help you with your query, though it's probably worth using the 'Search' button near the top of the Forum web page. I have certainly read posts about this topic before, so I know that someone out there in 'iPad Forum' land knows something about this!!

I'm sure that another Forum member will be able to help you with some specific advice.

Have fun and enjoy your iPad

Tim
Scotland

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum.

I doubt you'll find any really good RAW photo editing apps. The iPad just doesn't have the power to do this well. But if I'm wrong and you find something good, please tell us. I wouldn't mind having something along that line myself.

I don't use my iPad for photo review, but if I did I'd probably shoot RAW+jpg. The jpg would be enough to let me know if I captured what I wanted, or close enough. I'm kind of addicted to the 27" screen of my iMac for actual editing.

And before you get the wrong idea, I'm just an amateur, and not a particularly dedicated one.

OP
M

manjushri

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I discovered a app called piRAWna. This allows you to review and select individual photo's and perform some basic editing. It actually works very well for the small amount of capabilities it is able to perform.
Yes I agree the ipad is very limited,but it is a great compact tool to use in the field for quick reviews of your shots, I do all of my editing on my imac with aperture 3. The ipad allows me to view a photo and make minor adjustments if required and send off a quick email while on location.
And yes raw + jpeg is a great way to perform these functions.
Thanks for your info

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up on the app. I'll go have a look at it.

I use Aperture 3 also. Can't claim I'm an expert with it, or my cameras, but I love having the tools to play around with.

Most reactions