What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

All email shows as unread, even those previously read.

jmshouse

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have had my iPad just a couple of days, but this problem is driving me batty. I hope it's a quick setting somewhere to solve. I have one email account that I'm checking, an @bellsouth.net account (which is an ATT/ Yahoo mail service). I leave all my email on the server typically (no matter where I'm checking from), especially when I travel, and then download OFF the server from home, intentionally.

The problem is that when I check mail on the iPad, if I've already read a message online through the Bellsouth web interface, then it comes in on the iPad as "Unread"... and I have to go though and manually "read" them. I've set the "Push" to Off, and the "Fetch" to manual, but it still does this. Given the volume of email I receive, this is a major hassle.

What's the solution??

My iPhone seems to handle all of this just fine, the problem is only on the iPad.

Most reactions