What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Alarm Clock Apps

Hudmaster

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey guys and gals, I was wondering if you could help me out here. I'm in search of a good alarm clock app. Right now I'm using GoodNite Lite, and it's not bad, but not great. The ads on the top of the screen keep changing, so the lighting in my dark room changes too. (I know the way to fix that is to buy the full version, but I'm looking for something free.) I guess I'm more looking for alarm clock app reviews than anything, so type away fellow iPaders... Wow, that word looked better in my head :).

j0yful

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i use night stand, it has a lite version.

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Clock RadIo

Is the app I use--it is a clock and a radio. Very simple digital display and you can change screen color.

While it is not an alarm clock, living earth is another interesting app. It is a world clock and provides a short weather report, ie local temp and conditions.

lrg32

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've tried different alarm apps and still prefer the built-in clock app on the iPhone/ipod touch. I was kinda bummed that the clock app wasnt included with the ipad, so I just ssh'ed the app itself out of my iphone 3gs, then ssh'ed it to my ipad. So far I cant complain cause it works just like it should, alarm runs in the background so I dont have to keep my ipad on at night or leave a specific alarm clock app open.

OP
Hudmaster

Hudmaster

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've tried different alarm apps and still prefer the built-in clock app on the iPhone/ipod touch. I was kinda bummed that the clock app wasnt included with the ipad, so I just ssh'ed the app itself out of my iphone 3gs, then ssh'ed it to my ipad. So far I cant complain cause it works just like it should, alarm runs in the background so I dont have to keep my ipad on at night or leave a specific alarm clock app open.

By ssh'ed do you mean you installed the app onto your iPad via dragging it onto your iPad icon from iTunes?

lrg32

iPF Noob
Reaction score

By ssh'ed do you mean you installed the app onto your iPad via dragging it onto your iPad icon from iTunes?

no my ipad is jailbroken so I used openssh and cyberduck (Im on a mac) to ssh it in to the /applications folder on the ipad. Im sure you can download the clock/mobile timer app online somewhere but I just ssh it out of my iphone.

But you would need your ipad to be jailbroken for this to work cause you need openSSH.

Sidenote: I also used openssh and cyberduck to copy over my iphone ringtones so I could use them as alarms on the clock app.

Most reactions

Latest posts