What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AirPrint Enabled Printers and Kodak All-in-One?

Status
Not open for further replies.

blood_red_words

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi folks, I'm a new owner of an iPad2 (Xmas present) living in the UK.
I've also just purchased a new KODAK ESP C315 All-in-One Printer.
Is this Kodak print AirPrint Enabled?

I haven't yet purchased the AirPrint App as I wanted to make sure it was supported and my iPad can see/communicate with it (and vice versa)!

If not, is there a way I can connect to it wirelessly?

Cheers,
BRW

Last edited:

psy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
A simple program called foot print will allow iPad or iPhone to print to any network or pc connected printer,
It loads onto pc and gives you a weeks free trail, if you like it it's only about £5 , I tried it and it works great

OP
B

blood_red_words

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi PSY, I'll give it a try!
I've seen references to FingerPrints but not FootPrints!?
To be honest, as long as it works I don't care what it's called!
Thanks again.
BRW

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi and welcome to the Forum!

Yes I think Psy is speaking about Fingerprint. It has a weeks free trial and goes on your PC and is by Collobos.

The IPad Forum is a community of members from all walks of life and from all over the world coming together to share our experiences and to help each other learn about this wonderful piece of technology the Ipad. There is a wealth of information already here in the many threads we have so doing some searches will answer most of the questions you have. If then you cannot find the answer you are seeking then by all means post your question. There are many friendly and informed members here only too willing to help you.

We also have our own App - It is a very simple app to navigate.
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/discussion-forum-for-ipad/id412896524?mt=8
Reading the IPad manual is a great place to start so please download a copy of these.
http://www.support.apple.com/manuals/ipad/
2 very informative threads from which you will learn many tips and shortcuts for the IPad.
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-general-discussions/21590-tips-tricks-those-us-who-dont-know.html
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-os/49581-ios5-tips-tricks.html
We have rules like any Community so please read these also
http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rul...um-rules-everybody-please-read.html#post14697

Once again we welcome you here and are so pleased you have joined us!

Sent from my iPad using iPF

OP
B

blood_red_words

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi LeeLai,

Thanks for the information and links etc.

You said '..... it goes on your PC .....' do you mean I download Fingerprint to my iPad2 (or do you actually mean I load it to my Windows PC/Laptop)?
I want to print directly from my iPad2 so assumed whatever app/programme is out there would go onto my iPad?

Sorry to sound dim!?

blood_red_words

TheRambler

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
theramblersramblings.blogspot.co.uk

Harley man

iPF Noob
Reaction score
with fingerprint you just down load to your pc or Mac you do not do anything to you iPad or iPhone works very good has a free one week trial

from USA bucks county pa Sent from my iPad using iPF

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
You don't sound dim at all. It's kind of confusing all this info coming at you and what may work for some may not for others depending on your printer.
Fingerprint does go on your PC or Mac not the iPad as Harley Man has said. It's available through Collobos, try the free trial to make sure it works for you first.
But the Rambler has posted a very good way for printing too and is Free, but I think there again your printer must be of a certain type for it to work. But no harm in trying. Good luck and do let us know what works for you as this will go on to help others.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

psy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yep my bad lol......I knew it had a print in it , yes fingerprint.
I installed it and it worked great

yodude

iPF Noob
Reaction score
All of this "back-and-forth" of semi-answers and nobody really answered your question clearly. Fingerprints is NOT a good solution because it requires a PC or Mac to be 'turned on' at all times and connected to the printer - it's like using your PC/Mac as a "print server." No, the real solution is use Google CloudPrint - it works great with iPad and is built into that model of Kodak printer. You basically create a gmail (aka google cloud print) account, something like "mycloudprint" at gmail.com, and do an equivalent one for the Kodak side - they have the option built into the printer - choose a Kodak email/print account to match your Google cloud print account; i.e., somethine like your gmail cloud print account that you created above (does not need a password), only the Google gmail/cloud-print account needs password. Your Kodak printer settings will let you connect it to your Google cloud print account. Once connected, if you don't change the password of the cloud print gmail account, you're golden forever. You can forward an email to the KODAK account, and it will print out on your local "cloud-connected" printer.

You also can download Kodak Pix or some app like that and print pictures on photo paper from your iPad. Also you can download some other printing software (some free, some costs $5 to $10), and it will let you print in nicer formats, will let you connect your printer as a "mapped printer" to your iPad, etc. - then you can print nicely-formatted Web pages as well.

Also, the other answers were not very clear that, although you download it to your PC/Mac, it does indeed allow printing from the iPad (if I understand correctly) - and that wasn't necessarily crystal clear, nor was the fact that you have to leave a PC/Mac "turned on" to be able to use Fingerprints to print to your network printer.

With Google CloudPrint, you don't have to worrry about those things. Hope that helps some of you. I just did Google CloudPrint today for my iPad, and it works great for my needs.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
All of this "back-and-forth" of semi-answers and nobody really answered your question clearly. Fingerprints is NOT a good solution because it requires a PC or Mac to be 'turned on' at all times and connected to the printer - it's like using your PC/Mac as a "print server." No, the real solution is use Google CloudPrint - .....

Well, thanks for the information - you may not have noticed that the last post in this thread is nearly 2 years old! FingerPrint (which I used happily for nearly 2 yrs on my PC w/ an iPad 2) is no longer available - Collobos is now offering a subscription service. For me not important, I switched to Apple computers in the spring of '13 and bought a new Canon MF printer w/ Air Print, a quite easy option. Dave

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well, thanks for the information - you may not have noticed that the last post in this thread is nearly 2 years old! FingerPrint (which I used happily for nearly 2 yrs on my PC w/ an iPad 2) is no longer available - Collobos is now offering a subscription service. For me not important, I switched to Apple computers in the spring of '13 and bought a new Canon MF printer w/ Air Print, a quite easy option. Dave

giradman, above, has now summarised the situation well. There is not much point in further discussing a defunct facility, so with that this thread is now closed.
The OB

--------------------------Thread Closed-----------------------------

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts