What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Airport

mobutler

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What is airport used for. I have mine switched off. When. I attempted to print from Pages App I got the message that my printer was not on airport so I switched it on in settings but got the same message, how do I go about getting my printer on. I am a beginner this is my first iPad and enjoying it very much.

Mobutler

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
If you mean the Airplane mode in the Settings app - turning it on turns off the WiFi and 3G radios. So, you can't connect to the Internet or send any signals.

I don't know how that applies to your printer unless you have a wireless printer (no signal means the iPad can't connect to the printer). Maybe someone else can chip in on that one. Sorry.

Marilyn

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
He is referring to Airprint and not all wireless printers are Airprint capable. Also this has noting to do with Siri, so I am going to move it.

Most reactions

Latest posts