What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Airplay mirroring, How to get it to use full screen on TV.

garanth

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi ,

does anyone now if you can make the Apple tv use the whole TV screen when mirroring Ipad?

icebun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the same problem and assumed that the aspect ration on an iPad is 4:3 and most widescreen TVs are 16:9.

After many adjustments on the TV it did not make a difference.

If anyone has a solution I would love to hear about it as well.

K1W1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you are playing a 16:9 video or TV program it will use the full screen. If you are simply mirroring what's on the iPad, say an app or a web browser window then you get the same aspect ratio as the iPad. If you converted it to 16:9 it would look strange everything would be stretched and look short and fat.

dssxxxx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can change the aspect ratio on the iPad for the video size. Then when mirroring, it will fill your screen. Take the 16.9 off the iPad by clicking the icon in the upper right corner.

stanw

iPF Noob
Reaction score
dssxxxx said:
You can change the aspect ratio on the iPad for the video size. Then when mirroring, it will fill your screen. Take the 16.9 off the iPad by clicking the icon in the upper right corner.

Hi where is the icon in the top right hand corner I can't see anything there
Thanks

Most reactions

Latest posts