What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Advice on upgrading with 2 computers

ogilley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an iPad 2 running iOS 4.3. I haven't upgraded to iOS 5 yet as I want to be cautious and I need some advice.

I sync my pad using iTunes at the office since that is where my contacts and calendar data is most critical (using Outlook). I have Win 7 there. I don't sync any music or video there since I don't keep that stuff on the office machine. I do have music and video on my home machine running Win XP and I have used the iPod capabilities on my pad to load audiobooks and music from home via iTunes.

When I am at the office, I use my pad on the enterprise wifi. My office machine is hardwired to the network and not on the wifi directly. I am about to get a new machine at home that will run Win 7. I have wifi at home now and will have after I get a new machine.

If I upgrade to iOS 5 can I sync to the office machine wirelessly? If so, how?
Should I wait until I get a Win 7 machine at home and then sync my Outlook files regularly from the office to home by exporting and importing the .pst files and then upgrade to iOS 5 and sync my pad to the home machine?

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Most reactions

Latest posts