What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Advice needed about sale of ipad

Gunny008

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi everyone

Just received an offer for my 16 GB 3G iPad with apple care for £550 from a family friend in America but they want me to send to USA using ups

Anyone know how much it would cost to send from UK to US?

I really don't want to sell really but £550 seems like a good deal

Thanks guys and girls!

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You should be able to go to the UPS website and it will calculate the shipping costs for you. Of course you will have to add import duty, taxes and other costs(?) in addition to the freight.

OP
Gunny008

Gunny008

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You should be able to go to the UPS website and it will calculate the shipping costs for you. Of course you will have to add import duty, taxes and other costs(?) in addition to the freight.

Yeah I've been on the UPS website but I don't know his zipcode, but if I accept the offer I need to send him my paypal request tonight

I'm guessing it would be no more that around £30 in total?

I can't decide if iPad 2 is worth a 3 week wait with no iPadio

Dr.Gee

iPF Novice
Reaction score
why in the world would anyone spend $900 to get a used ,1st gen iPad that they can now buy new for$529?then,wait weeks to get it from the UK?then have to go through the hassle of trying to get it to work on a US carrier?

they could go to an apple store and get the same iPad 2 for $629 5 days from now. I think someone got their numbers mixed up.

OP
Gunny008

Gunny008

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Dr.Gee said:
why in the world would anyone spend $900 to get a used ,1st gen iPad that they can now buy new for$529?then,wait weeks to get it from the UK?then have to go through the hassle of trying to get it to work on a US carrier?

they could go to an apple store and get the same iPad 2 for $629 5 days from now. I think someone got their numbers mixed up.

My thoughts exactly

Awaiting payment now! Result.

Most reactions

Latest posts