What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adobe photoshop touch!

Pargadox

iPF Noob
Reaction score
he long awaited adobe photoshop ltouch is finally out for ipad users!

Sent from my iPad 2 wifi 32gb (jailbreaked) using iPF

donka

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Looks a good app but the 1600 x 1600 pixel size limitation is a real issue for any kind of serious work. It's tools are aimed at photo editing and even the iPhone 4s shoots images well above 2.5mp. I hope this is upped in a revision or for the iPad 3 as I have a few apps that will happily process 12mp and above.

Diane B

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yes, I agree. I'm shooting 16 MP and have some apps that easily deal with it even on Ipad 1. I'm a long time user of PS and Lightroom but looked forward to this for some uploads to online galleries, traveling, albums on Ipad. I plan on buying Ipad 3 so will buy this if they up the resolution. It has some tools, like layers, that I use often and with the Jot stylus will be fun to use. Now--maybe an upgrade is in line with enough unhappiness with the initial app.

OP
Pargadox

Pargadox

iPF Noob
Reaction score
haha :p im fine with that res, cause its perfect for me to make wallpapers for ipad since it only has 1024x768 res.

donka

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Also read that it has no clone tool. Seems one of Photoshop's key tools. Up the res and add a clone tool and I'm sold. Otherwise there isn't enough to justify the purchase over the likes of Filterstom, Photogene & Snapseed.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

OP
Pargadox

Pargadox

iPF Noob
Reaction score
donka said:
Also read that it has no clone tool. Seems one of Photoshop's key tools. Up the res and add a clone tool and I'm sold. Otherwise there isn't enough to justify the purchase over the likes of Filterstom, Photogene & Snapseed.

you can use the copy tool.

donka

iPF Novice
Reaction score
you can use the copy tool.

The copy tool? Can you explain how this works? I know this app doesn't have brushing tools so would be curious how this can achieve the same effect as a clone tool.

addiosamigo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
donka said:
The copy tool? Can you explain how this works? I know this app doesn't have brushing tools so would be curious how this can achieve the same effect as a clone tool.

There is a clone tool, you use it in one of the tutorials. It's quite a powerful little program!

Attachments

• image-202073691.jpg
    image-202073691.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 216

donka

iPF Novice
Reaction score
There is a clone tool, you use it in one of the tutorials. It's quite a powerful little program!

Many thanks for that. I read a review that said there was no clone tool - glad they got that wrong. Hope they up the max res support and I'm in. 1600x1600 is just too limiting for pretty much anything I would use it for.

donka

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Just found the article I was reading before that mentions there are no cloning tools. It was iOS Gems article on iLounge. Poor as I see other reviews that show the clone stamp tool.

OP
Pargadox

Pargadox

iPF Noob
Reaction score
donka said:
Many thanks for that. I read a review that said there was no clone tool - glad they got that wrong. Hope they up the max res support and I'm in. 1600x1600 is just too limiting for pretty much anything I would use it for.

But thibk about it.
The reason why photoshop touch only supports maximun 1600x1600 is cause ipad's lack of ram. the bigger the picture, the more ram it will require.
so with both photoshop, its history in what you have done in the project, the tools and the main picture it has to save in the ram, that can really use up almost all of the ram.

Edit, just tested with 9 layers, 8 printscreen/photo pictures in an 1600x1600 picture took up all ram from 308mb ram to only 60-70 left.

so if you want bigger pictures, then wait a few years when ipad gets atleast 2gb ram.

Last edited:

freebirdforever

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
senshudo.tv
Been playing around with it and I really enjoy it for starting on photo editing ideas and for making basic graphics I can continue on later at home. Hoping that they are able to add more features with the next iteration of ipad so close to release.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

donka

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Pargadox said:
But thibk about it.
The reason why photoshop touch only supports maximun 1600x1600 is cause ipad's lack of ram. the bigger the picture, the more ram it will require.
so with both photoshop, its history in what you have done in the project, the tools and the main picture it has to save in the ram, that can really use up almost all of the ram.

Edit, just tested with 9 layers, 8 printscreen/photo pictures in an 1600x1600 picture took up all ram from 308mb ram to only 60-70 left.

so if you want bigger pictures, then wait a few years when ipad gets atleast 2gb ram.

I'm well aware of what the limitations are. My point is other apps can manage large image sizes and layers, it just needs to take a dynamic approach and lower the number of layers and undo steps if a larger image size is used. The current image size limitation is too small for me for serious work. If you are only interested in knocking up wallpapers or for some lower quality small prints then it may be fine.

OP
Pargadox

Pargadox

iPF Noob
Reaction score
try to send an email to adobe and ask them to expand the picture limit to 20.000x20.000

Most reactions

Latest posts