What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adobe Gets Around Apple’s Flash Ban by Designing new Digital Viewer with help of WIRE

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
<center><object width="425" height="256"><param name="movie" value="http://images.tv.adobe.com/swf/player.swf"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><param name="FlashVars" value="fileID=6752&context=145&embeded=true&environment=production"></param><embed src="http://images.tv.adobe.com/swf/player.swf" flashvars="fileID=6752&context=145&embeded=true&environment=production" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="256"></embed></object></center>

Adobe has issued a press release today announcing its newly developed digital viewer technology which is designed to create interactive digital versions of print magazines. The first magazine to use the new technology was the debut iPad digital issue of Conde Nast’s WIRED, which racked up impressive first day sales figures. According to Adobe, WIRED also had input into the development of the new publishing software.

“Adobe’s work with WIRED has resulted in a digital magazine format that creates an immersive experience, allowing a publication’s unique content, look and feel and advertising to stand out in the digital realm,†said David Burkett, vice president and general manager, Creative Solutions at Adobe. “We aim to make our digital viewer software available to all publishers soon and plan to deliver versions that work across multiple hardware platforms. It’s safe to say that if you are already working InDesign CS5, you’ll be well on your way to producing a beautiful digital version of your publication.â€

The WIRED Reader showcases Adobe’s new digital viewer technology, enabling users to experience video content, slide-shows, and 360 degree images, and to rotate content in vertical and horizontal modes. Users can also use touch gestures to flick through the magazine, including a zoomed-out browse mode enabling you to see the content of the issue at a glance.

The Wired Reader costs $4.99 from the iPad App Store.
By Maura Sutton, iPadForums.net

Bremen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.bremencole.com
I knew they could come up with something, good for them...

The bottom line is Adobe needs Apple, Apple does not need Adobe... so Adobe reacted in their best interest and is finding ways to be on the iPad, and that's good business.

I wish them success....

Temp40

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.tabletbuzzblog.com
People can't forget that Adobe has been around for many years now and for good reason. They are a very intelligent company who have also helped technology advance on so many levels. Whether or not Steve Jobs approves of Flash does not change that. As much as I love Apple I've also been a fan of Adobe for many years so I see this as in fact a good step forward for them and it just proves once again you can't underestimate anyone, especially such an advanced powerhouse like Adobe.

Most reactions