What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adding Lycos Mail To My Ipad?

wg894

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all!

I have two email accounts that I need to add to my Ipad.The first is a Gmail account which I had up and running in no time at all,quite easy to do actually.

Unfortunately the same can't be said about my Lycos email account.I've tried several times to add my Lycos email account to my Ipad but with no success.I used the exact same method(Settings-Mail-Add Account)that I did when I added my Gmail account but like I said,no success.

I keep getting the same error message when I try to complete the process:

"Cannot Get Mail-The username or password for pop.mail.lycos.com is incorrect."

This does not make any sense because I am entering the correct username and password.

So having said all of that I was wondering if any other Lycos mail users out there have had the same problem in the past and how you fixed this problem? Or if anyone else knows how to rectify this issue?

My Ipad is the 32g Wifi model.

Thanks in advance for the help! :)

davegrogan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was able to get my lycos email account to work doing the standard set up. However, I have lycos premium and pay for email. What I have not been able to do is get my lycos folders to download to my iPad. I switched to IMAP and the folders still do not download. If anyone has anyone has any suggestions I would appreciate it.

Most reactions

Latest posts