What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Add apps to itunes library in another computer

iSmart

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I normally sync and update to my iphone 4 and ipad2 with my PC's itune. Is there any way to keep all my contact and apps in my another note book itune ?
Thanks

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I moved your post to the Help section because I thought it might receive better attention there. I hope that was OK.

Tim
iPad Forum Moderator

DQ

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iSmart said:
I normally sync and update to my iphone 4 and ipad2 with my PC's itune. Is there any way to keep all my contact and apps in my another note book itune ?
Thanks

Install iTunes on the secondary computer, and then copy the original iTunes folder from the master pc to the new one. The transfer will put all your files to the second computer's iiTunes library, including your apps, movies, books, etc... I actually use my 120gig iPod classic as an extra hard drive and it has a master copy of my important folders in case my main desktop crashes.

Random_Kiwi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Piggy backing off your thread as I know forum people hate repeat threads and people not searching stuff out! :lol:

Anywho, very similar nature, tho I've recently ditched my desktop, as it was old and clunky, in favour of a laptop + iPad only in the house.

Now, I've read around and got my apps copied onto Laptop and added back into iTunes. I've also disabled the old PC iTunes authorisation and authorised the laptop with my iTunes login. All should be good, right?

Yeah, well, it's not. Apps purchased on my laptop won't Sync to the iPad, and similarly, apps purchased directly on my iPad won't Sync back to the laptop...or do they never do this? Just assumed they would so long as iPad and laptop were on the same authorised iTunes account as a matter of back up.

How do I get my apps from my iPad to my laptop, and how do I get my apps from the desktop onto the iPad when Sync'ing does nothing? (It just goes 'Preparing to Sync, Step 1 of 1, complete...with no changes)

Muchly appreeciated

RK

Most reactions

Latest posts