What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adblocker?

night

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there an ad blocker that is free? I'd prefer to still use Safari but I'd rather not pay the $3 for adblocker plus on cydia.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
No, I don't know of another AdBlocker. Sorry.

But, think of it this way: The $3.00 is an investment in countless hours of ad-free surfing. So, really, it's quite a bargain! :)

Marilyn

Gzoladz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
And it alsogives you the option to block ads in some apps, so you can actually use an ad supported app without ads.

Gzoladz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Having said that, web based content and free apps are "paid for" by including ads on them. Ad blocker let you consume both without "paying the price" of receiving ads.

Given the strong position of the mods and users of the forum against using apps without paying, I am surprised that this tweak is accepted and promoted, but this is maybe a philosophical debate for another moment. Just a thought.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Ad Blocking isn't illegal, just like skipping ads on a DVR isn't illegal either. Folks have to make up their own mind whether they feel blocking ads on free software or websites is right for them.
For example, without ads, these forums wouldn't be open for business.
Hope that clarifies.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The moderators' position on illegal activity is clear. Illegal activity is simply not allowed. Everything else is fair game. If something becomes illegal as a result of a court judgment it will become off limits here too.

When the occasional grey area exists, the mods debate the issue to find out whether we can allow it. We don't enjoy suppressing speech. That is what the rules require us to do, and it's in the best interests of all members. iPF is free for us to use, because some people (thank you) are prepared to pay for advertising space here.

That doesn't mean that members are required to read the advertisements, or respond to them. Ad blocking is good to go, but can you really be bothered? I can't.

OP
N

night

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I suppose I can go ahead and get adblocker then. I find ads to be distracting and can often make loading times a pain.

jennymax

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Adblocker is great and it's free. Adblocker Plus is the one that costs. The first AB is the number one downloaded app for Macs and Windows. It's not a hack or anything illegal at all. Just ck out the app store.
BTW, hello all! :eek: I have tons of questions about the iPad and glad I found the forum - I think I need to get the iPad book for seniors, seriously!

yof

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Adblocker is great and it's free. Adblocker Plus is the one that costs. The first AB is the number one downloaded app for Macs and Windows. It's not a hack or anything illegal at all. Just ck out the app store.
BTW, hello all! :eek: I have tons of questions about the iPad and glad I found the forum - I think I need to get the iPad book for seniors, seriously!

Hello and welcome to the forums! Adblocker nice to have! And so is Action Menu !

Most reactions

Latest posts