What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Activating 3g from Bell Canada

tuck01

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've had my Ipad for awhile now so I decided to try the 3g. I went on the Bell website to see what I had to do and it seemed very simple, puchase a Bell micro sim card insert it in the Ipad and do it yourself through Itunes. There were 8 simple steps to follow according to Bells website on activating 3g on an Ipad. After following all these steps it was going like it should until step 7, the view account part. The Ipad would not connect to the network, even though it recognized bell as being the carrier. I called Bell and they went through some basic steps such as Itunes version, signal strength etc etc. Finally after about 20 minutes of being on hold and trouble shooting I was sent to another person and went through the same basic steps with no luck. This agent then told me that I have the wrong micro sim card and that I sould have a micro sim card specifically for the Ipad. I then told her that Bell should have been more clear about that on there website because it only secified a Bell micro sim card. She looked it up and agreed, put me on hold again for about 10 minutes, came back and said the micro sim card should work and that they had to assign a phone number to my Ipad for the 3g to work. After doing this it did indeed work but my point is this was not included in the 8 steps on the Bell website and when I called no one seemed to have any idea on what to do. Anyone else have this issue?

lumberjak

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Funny story: I just got mine activated on Telus a few days ago while getting the iPhone 4 for my wife and ran into some issues. Originally when I bought it in June I got a Telus sim card but decided to wait to sign up to 3G until a few days ago. I did all the setup in a Telus store by giving the rep my sim number (I accidently left the card at home)...he keyed it in, all was well and I went home. When I put the sim card into the iPad it would not connect to Telus.

I played around with the settings, no dice, reset, resprung, no dice. Eventually I called Telus thinking there was an issue, afer 45 minutes on the phone...no dice, I was getting super pissed! The rep on the phone said the only option was to do a full restore...argh, we said goodbyes and I fumed!

This would be a hassle to restore as my iPad is jailbroken and I would need to backup (takes forever) and redo everything...

Something clicked in my head....jailbroken...did...I....

SBSettings!

I knew it the moment I though of it. Turned on my iPad, went into SBSettings and sure enough I had 3G turned OFF on the toggle!!

DOUCHBAGGERY! I was the problem, months ago I had it turned off and never turned it back on and thus is was trumping anything i tried to do!!

Turned it on and 3G worked.

Biggysmallz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've had my Ipad for awhile now so I decided to try the 3g. I went on the Bell website to see what I had to do and it seemed very simple, puchase a Bell micro sim card insert it in the Ipad and do it yourself through Itunes. There were 8 simple steps to follow according to Bells website on activating 3g on an Ipad. After following all these steps it was going like it should until step 7, the view account part. The Ipad would not connect to the network, even though it recognized bell as being the carrier. I called Bell and they went through some basic steps such as Itunes version, signal strength etc etc. Finally after about 20 minutes of being on hold and trouble shooting I was sent to another person and went through the same basic steps with no luck. This agent then told me that I have the wrong micro sim card and that I sould have a micro sim card specifically for the Ipad. I then told her that Bell should have been more clear about that on there website because it only secified a Bell micro sim card. She looked it up and agreed, put me on hold again for about 10 minutes, came back and said the micro sim card should work and that they had to assign a phone number to my Ipad for the 3g to work. After
doing this it did indeed work but my point is this was not included in the 8 steps on the Bell website and when I called no one seemed to have any idea
on what to do. Anyone else have this issue?

http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-carriers/5820-something-about-bell-ipad.html

This could just be the start of your problems with Bell.

The worse providers in Canada.

Last edited:

The Shadow

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Greetings.

I am with Rogers, and between the Big Three, Rogers iPad service is the easiest to use.

It's all done through the application, no need to talk to anyone.

Most reactions

Latest posts