What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Account deleted - Cannot update apps from IPAD

Lelewis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I retired from a job and when I left, one of my colleagues, (who should have known better) deleted my Apple and ITUNES account. Now, I cannot update any of my apps. I can download new ones, of course, but when I try to update I get the - Cannot connect to ITUNES store - message. Just want to make sure - what I have to do is to delete all the all apps from my IPAD and reinstall them under my new account.

Is there any other way of registering the old apps? Or updating them?

Thanks.

Lloyd

Nessaj

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I suggest contacting Apple ID support for that issue.
However as far as I know, the apple accounts cannot be deleted -- usually they are just "forgotten" or disabled.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Agreed, call Apple Support. They can probably reactivate your account.

What they can not do (or wouldn't when I needed it a few years ago) is combine two accounts. So be sure to call them before you buy anything you care about on the new account. That or be prepared to live with dual accounts. It's not that hard, but it bites you every now and then.

And next time, don't hand your account password to others. That is the only way they should have been able to disable your account. If they didn't use the password, your account is probably still there, and I don't know why you can't access it. Again, call Apple.

Most reactions