What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Accidental buying of apps

somu74

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My son when using his phonics ( he is 5 ) app on the iPad, there was a message which popped up asking if he wants to upgrade to the full version, he pressed yes, I thought it's gonna ask the password, but didn't , I was charged 4.99. It happened for 3 other apps. I need some help to avoid getting charged in the future. I thought every app needs the iTunes password . My son definitely don't know the password for sure. Any suggestions would be appreciated

ctsluder

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Go to settings, general, restrictions,and turn off in app purchases.

Grumbles

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What about a refund?

I actually did the same thing the other day on NYE and woke up with a bill for a whopping £0.79 (or something similar) - it was actually for Wolfram Alpha of all things. Whilst I really can't be bothered to claim the money, it's nice to know I can avoid that happening again. Thanks CT

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My son when using his phonics ( he is 5 ) app on the iPad, there was a message which popped up asking if he wants to upgrade to the full version, he pressed yes, I thought it's gonna ask the password, but didn't , I was charged 4.99. It happened for 3 other apps. I need some help to avoid getting charged in the future. I thought every app needs the iTunes password . My son definitely don't know the password for sure. Any suggestions would be appreciated

I believe once you autheticate into iTunes using your AppleID the first time, it stays authenticated until it time-outs from inactivity, so you could buy and download a bunch of apps within a given period without having to re-authenticate each instance. (It's less annoying for people shopping for apps.)

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
As the owner of a two year old it's also wise to turn off the ability to delete apps.......

Those controls are there for a reason :)

Most reactions