What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Accessing 'Switch Control & Switches'.

Beards

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Since changing to iOS7 like others I have been interested in the new features.
One such feature is the 'Switches' by using Left or Right Head Movement to control your screen.
However, of the videos I have watched that demonstrate the ability I have noted that my menu system is different to those that show the procedure.
Further, as my selectable menus are different it does not allow me to select any of the Head Movements offered.

Here is a screen shot of my Switch Control panel. Note the absence of being able to select the Head Movements...

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• image-607258067.jpg
    image-607258067.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 286
OP
Beards

Beards

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks Gabriel. Unfortunately it does not help with this particular query.
I can not find any reference to Head Movement control.

I will have another search through YouTube to see if anyone else has demonstrated the use and see if I can see what is causing the differences in my screen to that showed in the video I saw earlier.
Here is the link that demonstrates the menu that is different to the one I showed above. It is seen in the first video.
http://www.phonesreview.co.uk/2013/09/25/ios-7-multitasking-gestures-and-close-multi-apps/
If I find the answer I will come back.

Last edited:

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks Gabriel. Unfortunately it does not help with this particular query. I can not find any reference to Head Movement control. I will have another search through YouTube to see if anyone else has demonstrated the use and see if I can see what is causing the differences in my screen to that showed in the video I saw earlier. Here is the link that demonstrates the menu that is different to the one I showed above. It is seen in the first video. http://www.phonesreview.co.uk/2013/09/25/ios-7-multitasking-gestures-and-close-multi-apps/ If I find the answer I will come back.

I could be wrong but it says here that you need an adaptive accessory.....

image-28082258.jpg

Maybe that screen only looks like that if you have such an accessory?

The Archangel

OP
Beards

Beards

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I could be wrong but it says here that you need an adaptive accessory.....

View attachment 48499

Maybe that screen only looks like that if you have such an accessory?

The Archangel
There is no accessory in the video demonstration Gabriel.
All the presenter did was open Settings then went to the Switch Control..
At that point her iPad screen settings is totally different from my selection.

Even when she finished setting up her iPad for Left & Right Head Movement there were no other accessories used.
All she did was turn her head left/right to make the iPad select items, then open/close screens etc.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There is no accessory in the video demonstration Gabriel. All the presenter did was open Settings then went to the Switch Control.. At that point her iPad screen settings is totally different from my selection. Even when she finished setting up her iPad for Left & Right Head Movement there were no other accessories used. All she did was turn her head left/right to make the iPad select items, then open/close screens etc.

At this point I need to say.....d'oh! I really should pay more attention to what you are telling me, so.......

image-3996737126.jpg

image-772458456.jpg

image-1601317673.jpg

The Archangel

Most reactions