What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Accessing NAS drive on WiFi network without a computer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cosmicvoyager

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Greetings,

If I have a WiFi router with an NAS drive attached, is there a way to access it from my iPad?

Thanks

ALcH3Mi5T

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I haven't messed with that yet, but I think you can if you have a FTP client on your iPad and the nas has the option to set up a FTP server. Most nas do. I use a FTP client to access my work FTP which is the same principle and it works fine...

Lopan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use an app called FileBrowser to access my Buffalo NAS drive and it works great.

CraigPollard85

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Lopan said:
I use an app called FileBrowser to access my Buffalo NAS drive and it works great.

Second vote for FileBrowser. Use it to connect to my MyBook Live and it's perfect.

New version supports streaming to apple TV as well, but not worked out how to do this yet (I only downloaded the app 30 mins ago ;o)

Samir Sogay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can access your NAS from Apps meant for IOS and Android. There is an App for Ipad for Buffalo NAS drives and there should be for other drives too. You can search for Buffalo smartphone navigator and web access on the Apps store

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Moved to our new NAS section. There is a three day redirect in iPad Hacking to point to this thread, in it's new home. This area of the forum will become our knowledge base for NAS issues.

batty505

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Greetings,

If I have a WiFi router with an NAS drive attached, is there a way to access it from my iPad?

Thanks

I've use file explorer and oplayer depends. It depends on your content. Both are really to configure
Mike

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Since this thread is over a year old and the Original Poster (OP) has not responded back to his post-we will close this thread out.

Thank you for your understanding!

Skimonkey ~ ipadforum Moderator | iPhoneforum Moderator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts