What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Accessing iCloud From An iPad

PFGaecke

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a very simple need. I'd like to navigate to my iCloud account/page to review and edit e-mail messages sent from my dot-Mac account. I can do it from my computer. How can I get to my e-mail account, specifically Sent mail, from my iPad?

DefBref

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mobro.co
Set it up as an email account on your ipad and use the mail app.

The ipad won't access icloud.com via safari, Apple expects you to use all the built in apps. Icloud.com is for when you don't have access to the apps.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Might be helpful.

9061d1326691749-easy-pictorial-shortcuts-helpful-places-people-new-ipad-emailfolders.jpg

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The OP did not ask that question specifically; but getting to the folder where the email is stored is the first step to deleting the email.

If, for instance, I wanted to delete mail from the aapc folder (which is on Yahoo's server not local on the iPad) I would select it instead of Sent; then use the usual delete methods from the iPad.

This only works with IMAP and Exchange accounts. You can't even see server side folders with a POP account.

No, there is not a Delete All, but that is true of the Mail app no matter how you go about things. Many of us would like Apple to add this feature.

hockleyr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
the model used to be with .mac mail: remote mail stored on Mac.com,all read portals e.g iPad, iPhone, outlook express on pc etc. set to read but don't delete from server. This to allow me to read on whichever portal was convenient and ensure all portals could see the email. Once a month I'd delete it from the server, to keep the server folds 'cleaned up'. Now I'm at a client site where I can't access iCloud.com from their machines (IT policy bars access to it) so I can't delete it using my iPad or iPhone and Safari, which I used to be able to do. Backwards step in usability/flexibility from Apple.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
iOS devices have never been able to access iCloud or MobileMe in the Safari browser. Even if you managed to trick one of the third party browsers into connecting and signing on the site, it is almost completely unusable do to the technologies used. (which is why Apple blocks it in Safari).

I'm afraid I don't have a good solution for you. Your best bet is to simply use the delete options that do work more often, rather than letting it pile up for a month at a time.

And if you have not done so, you can leave your suggestion and reasons (politely probably works best) here: Apple - iPad - Feedback

Apple does appear to listen, even if they don't always agree.

Sorry.

hockleyr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok - thanks for the explanation - don't understand Apples logic as to why, but it is what it is.

Most reactions