What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Acces Mac from iPad

ErikO65

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have tried several applications like Desktop Connect, Splashtop etc. but without succes, so I will be grateful if someone can not only tell me the application(s) I need but also give me a detailed description of how to proceed. ( I am an amateur )I have iPad2 and MacPro with OS 7 ( Lion ).

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
On your MacPro, open up System Preferences > Sharing, then tick the item "Remote Management". Without this set ON you won't be able to connect with any tool. Personally I use iTap VNC which works great, but I am sure the others you tried should work, provided you make the necessary changes above.

You may also have to set the Options in the "Remote Management" screen. Click the Options button and check all the boxes just to make sure you can get it working. Then remove any options you do not want users to have.

Hope that helps.

OP
E

ErikO65

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you for your quick reply. As you suggested I downloaded iTap RDP. When I continued I got the message "The RDP host is not reachable". I hit "connect"and then I was told "failed to establish TCP connection", then I hit "Help" and on the following screen I could tap the icon for bookmarks in the menuline and to my surprise it worked . I could search for radio stations but there was no sound. I can understand I have made something wrong from the very beginning and hope
you have the patience to help me.
Kind regards
Erik Olsen

OP
E

ErikO65

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello Noobi
Thank you for your mail,It was very useful, However I am now using screens

Pazuzu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.wtfcinema.com
I'm in love with Jump desktop... Use it everyday... And setup is extremely easy... Uses your google account as verification and it connects you to any computer that has the freeware installed on... The app costs money,but it's cheap... The software for Macs and Pcs are both free.. :D

YOU ARE TEARIN ME APART, LISA!

OP
E

ErikO65

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you for the info. It was very useful.I was not aware of the amount of software to be found on the net. I now use Screens

OP
E

ErikO65

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you for the info . Ii was very useful. I did not know the huge amount of software packages one could find on the net. I ended up with Screens.

Most reactions

Latest posts