What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

a windows guy here

matt_90036

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hi guys. i own 3 thinkpads, all of them running windows. i am considering on buying an iPad. after reading a bunch of reviews iOS looks like windows XP - gotta to do a whole lot of hacking to get everything working the way i want it. but of course - that's just me (some people probably like it the way it is). i looked at the this device in apple store and its amazing. i have to say apple is the leader of computer innovation. anyways, hi to all!!!

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
They'll pry my Windows 7 laptop out of my cold, dead hands - but only after I've been beaten to death with my own iPad :D

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Heh win7 is a nice os but I'm spoilt by the instant on of the iPad. The computer as appliance.

Wolfpuppies3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm a windows guy with

two iPhones, two iPods, and an iPad. Apple just does somethings very much better than Bill Gates' finest. My next laptop will be an Apple

OP
M

matt_90036

iPF Noob
Reaction score
well i really enjoy windows 7 and i like thinkpads for their durability -- i tend to drop my laptops and spill water on them a lot; thinkpads are the only ones that can survive my abuse. lol
however i have to admit that apple has done something close to a miracle in mobile technology. i never liked the way windows mobile worked and i have enjoyed Palm OS a lot more due to its simple design. Apple iOS from what i've heard is also quite simple and the hacking sections of this forum and jailbreaking will let me fine tune many aspects of it. i am only a bit dissapointed how Steve Jobs thinks of jailbreaking as a crime instead of supporting a community that is trying to improve his OS.

Hudmaster

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you spill water or other liquids on your laptop, you need not worry about the iPad's durability. My iPad has endured water, milk, and gatorade. I've dropped it once, and it only scraped up the corners a bit. I read a story about a girl who's friend's dad bought himself an iPad. The girl dropped her friend's dad's iPad in the pool, yikes. But when they got it out, it still worked fine. I don't recommend dropping your iPad in puddles for fun, or throwing it as far as you can, but it can take some hits.

j0yful

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you spill water or other liquids on your laptop, you need not worry about the iPad's durability. My iPad has endured water, milk, and gatorade. I've dropped it once, and it only scraped up the corners a bit. I read a story about a girl who's friend's dad bought himself an iPad. The girl dropped her friend's dad's iPad in the pool, yikes. But when they got it out, it still worked fine. I don't recommend dropping your iPad in puddles for fun, or throwing it as far as you can, but it can take some hits.

poor ipad!

Wakawaka

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I sold my laptop. Desktop will always have a place in my home but the iPad makes daily life much easier.

If I had to decide between the two.. Desktop would win. iPad still has a long way to go before it will be the big dog in my home!

I think too, a MacBook be my next laptop.

Hudmaster

iPF Noob
Reaction score

poor ipad!

Thank god it's a tough little sucker

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have two laptops (one running XP and the other Windows 7), but my time using them has dramatically fallen since getting an iPad. (That was a surprise.)

Most reactions

Latest posts