What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Funny Tale

ipfuser55

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was printing from my iPad using WePrint and PrintNshare. I didn't notice that I had accidentally chosen my next door neighbours HP wireless printer. Five minutes later, a knock on the door to ask me if I had "lost" something :) he is a mate, and saw the funny side of full colour pages which had nothing to do with him coming out of his printer. Lol

Jeff

Sent from my iPad using iPF

OP
I

ipfuser55

iPF Noob
Reaction score
sjleworthy said:
Teehee, that could be dangerous. Or embarrassing. Or both!

Yes, thank god he is a friend! I will buy a wireless printer when one I like comes out. The weird thing is that his HP is not supposed to be iPad compatible :) I shall take care in future!

Jeff

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
sjleworthy said:
Teehee, that could be dangerous. Or embarrassing. Or both!

Yes, thank god he is a friend! I will buy a wireless printer when one I like comes out. The weird thing is that his HP is not supposed to be iPad compatible :) I shall take care in future!

Jeff

But remember that PrintNShare will wirelessly print to non-AirPrint printers directly - so I'm guessing that PrintNShare 'found' your neighbour's printer and was able to print to it.....

Tim

OP
I

ipfuser55

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:
But remember that PrintNShare will wirelessly print to non-AirPrint printers directly - so I'm guessing that PrintNShare 'found' your neighbour's printer and was able to print to it.....

Tim

Yep, that's what happened, more care to be taken in future :) Not that I print anything iffy you understand!

Jeff

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Wow, that could have been embarrassing. A private email or something. Glad you posted this, it would be good if everyone knew this!

from Somerset UK on my iPad using IPF app

OP
I

ipfuser55

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It sure could have

Wow, that could have been embarrassing. A private email or something. Glad you posted this, it would be good if everyone knew

But I caught it! Btw

BTW Hayles, your PM box is full so can't send messages!

Jeff

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score

Yeah, sorry, I've pm'd you so all good!

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Good, that you brought this thread to light though, I would never have known this myself. Not that I've got a printer but if I did get one, it would be worth knowing this! Thanks for bringing it up!

Most reactions