What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A 2UINique iPad Theme - Winterboard

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
A UINique iPad Theme was one of my favourite early themes on the iPad, so I was very pleased to see a new version pop up on Cydia recently.

A 2UINique iPad Theme By Subywrex & flybritn expands on the style of the first theme with a new, fresh, modern look. Here is the springboard with its auto-themed icons and the wallpaper supplied with the theme...

f91de6e8.jpg

It also comes with some lockscreen customisation and here you can see it with IntelliscreenX and the Notification panel active...

6d9e4697.jpg

SBSettings and ColorKeyboard themes are also included in the package...

96fc6f81.jpg

And as usual, the main iPad UI gets some nice touches. Here's the Settings app as well as some Safari Skinning....

4160e8b5.jpg
97390cc4.jpg

So, that's "A 2UINique iPad Theme". It costs $2.99 on Cydia. Make sure if you purchase this theme, you buy the iPad version. There is a version for the phone as well, and that won't work on the iPad!

Last edited:
OP
f4780y

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Just a quick note to say this has now been updated to support the new icon themeing requirements for 5.1, which is nice since I am running it on my iPad1 on 5.1 JB! :D

OP
f4780y

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Amp1216 said:
Is the stuff on top of theme part of it on the lock screen?

No. As I say above, the screen shows themeing of IntelliscreenX. You must own that tweak if you want to see that information.

Last edited:

TheRambler

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
theramblersramblings.blogspot.co.uk
Fantastic theme Leigh, I'm also using intelliscreenX and find it a fantastic app, possibly worthy of one of your excellent sticky reviews, it would also be great to see what other rss feeds others have added!
What did you use to get the up to date football scores, it says mf pro I think, but haven't seen that before?

OP
f4780y

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Fantastic theme Leigh, I'm also using intelliscreenX and find it a fantastic app, possibly worthy of one of your excellent sticky reviews, it would also be great to see what other rss feeds others have added!
What did you use to get the up to date football scores, it says mf pro I think, but haven't seen that before?

Thanks bud. I may do a review if nobody else gets round to it!

The app is "My Football Pro HD" Highly recommended for the push notifications alone (although they usually run about 10 mins behind "real-time", it's good enough when you are out and about and away from the telly / radio).

OP
f4780y

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Still my favourite iPad theme at the moment, I'm very pleased to say 2Uinique has had an update to fully support the iPad3 (and no need for a separate purchase, which is very much appreciated!)

Debbie12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I love this theme but when I'm reading at night with blacked out screen the status bar is white and really hurts my eyes. Is there any way to change that?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I love this theme but when I'm reading at night with blacked out screen the status bar is white and really hurts my eyes. Is there any way to change that?

The best thing to do is to go into the theme, find the image for the status bar and modify it to make it dark enough to suit. I can't tell you exactly what the image name is (I don't have that theme), but it's probably somewhere in the com.apple.springboard folder of the theme. Or not (its been a while since I've played with a status bar color...). :)

But, have a go at it and see if you can modify it to dim it down for you. Good luck.

Marilyn

Debbie12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The best thing to do is to go into the theme, find the image for the status bar and modify it to make it dark enough to suit. I can't tell you exactly what the image name is (I don't have that theme), but it's probably somewhere in the com.apple.springboard folder of the theme. Or not (its been a while since I've played with a status bar color...). :)

But, have a go at it and see if you can modify it to dim it down for you. Good luck.

Marilyn

I tried to go through ifile to modify the image of the status bar but I can't find the file that's the status bar, the creator doesn't call it status bar and there are so many images I don't know which one it is.

I'm not even sure if this is the right procedure.

I'm guessing com.apple.springboard has to be accessed through the computer?

Sorry complete noob here. Thanks.

Most reactions

Latest posts