What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

5GB of apps (cached?)

steve22

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't think I actually have 5GB of apps on my iPad2 5.0.1 I've installed and removed a lot of apps so I think this is where the problem comes from... the fact that if I go to the App Store I don't have to download an app if I've previously installed/removed it.<br><br>How can I clear these cached apps out? I have no intention of ever reinstalling them and some of there were very large 300mb+ games.

rsava

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you have installed and deleted an app from your iPad it is gone. You would need to download it again from the app store, you just wouldn't have to pay for it again.
It may be on your computer if it is sync'ed with iTunes but it is no longer on your iPad.
To clear any kind of cache you can always restart the iPad. Hold down the button along the top edge until the red slider comes up and slide it across the screen to shut it down. Wait for it to completely shutdown (you will know when it does) then hold the same button down until the Apple logo comes up. (I think that is the correct sequence, others more experienced please correct me if I am mistaken.)

OP
S

steve22

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah I was talking to someone about this after I posted. The App Store remembers that I paid so it just says 'install' which threw me off because it was even for free apps. I guess I was expecting a 'download & install' button or something along those lines.

Most reactions

Latest posts