What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

5.0.1 and battery life

Blackbelt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I upgraded 4 Apple devices to 5.0.1 tonight and I noticed a major improvement in my IPad battery consumption.

jiveroy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am sill losing 25% every 8 hours even though my ipad2 is locked. I've tried what some of you suggested (turning off Bluetooth, deleted some apps I recently bought) but still no luck. Any other ideas? Or is there another thread I didn't notice?

tosbsas

iPF Noob
Reaction score
try a soft reset - press home button and lock button until ipad turns off (don't use the slider)

zorah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I figured Apple would get to this update pretty quickly. I just updated my iP4S, so my iPad 1 is next. My iPad hasn't seen too many issues with battery life, but my new 4S had a difference from my iP4 for sure, which I'm hoping the update really does then fix. And LOL-humor is always enjoyed!

K1W1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I watched two solid hours of video streamed via wifi on our home network last night after I upgraded to 5.0.1 and the battery meter went from 55% to 49% (Ipad 2).

jiveroy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Update 5.0.1... Still ticking down despite being locked. Lost 10% in 2 hours after no used other than reading this forum....

OP
Blackbelt

Blackbelt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Update 5.0.1... Still ticking down despite being locked. Lost 10% in 2 hours after no used other than reading this forum....
How many apps are there running in the background? It is always a good idea to close all apps and did you reset your device after the upgrade? I always keep my brightness to about 25percent.

Most reactions

Latest posts