What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

4.3 and battery life?

Cornicer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My iPad's still on 3.2(I held back from 4.2 because changing the lock button to a mute button would have driven me nuts- slightly silly, but there you go), and I've been wanting to update to 4.3 since it came out, but I haven't done so because I've heard rumors that it really screwed up battery life. Can anyone tell me whether the update ruins battery life? Or if the rumors I've heard are exaggerated?

darthluke12694

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
There have been reports that 4.3 took a hit on battery life, but 4.3.1 (current version) fixes that problem. I haven't noticed any differences though. Battery life is fine in my opinion.

55julie55

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have noticed by battery life almost draining before my eyes.
Started with earlier 3.2
Upgraded to 4.3
Now I loose average of 5% while sleeping
Reading a book for half hour uses about 20%
I turn all apps off before I put it to sleep.
Will the 4.3.1 help
Very nervous!
Last upgrade caused sooooo many other loading issues,which took me 2 weeks to sort out finally.
Please guru's
Need a plan of attack.
Traveling os next week for 4 months so will not be accessing my computer and iTunes .
Need to do all before I go,with no issues lingering.
Please advise?....
Julie

darthluke12694

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
I'm not sure why you would be having loading issues. What were the issues?

And I think you should update to 4.3.1. Like I said, there have been reports of improved battery life with the newest update. I didn't notice a difference, but then again I don't really pay attention.

55julie55

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Had to fully reload iPad forum, twitter,Facebook,book library log ins etc.
After the upgrade to 4.3 all refused to open
Didn't recognize my details passwords etc
Now all reloaded,so hence my nervousness to upgrade to 4.3.1
But if it will return my "normal"battery life I will do it.
Please advise.

darthluke12694

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
It should improve the battery life. But, you may have the same problem. I've never had that problem though, so I wouldn't know how to fix it.

David79

iPF Noob
Reaction score
will 4.3.1 fix battery issues on my iphone 3gs> Ever since I upgraded 3gs to 4.3 battery is worse then ever and it wasnt so great before but still lol

Fabytm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
David79 said:
will 4.3.1 fix battery issues on my iphone 3gs> Ever since I upgraded 3gs to 4.3 battery is worse then ever and it wasnt so great before but still lol

I don't find any battery life improvements on my iPhone 3GS after updating to iOS 4.3.1...

Sent from my iPad using iPF

David79

iPF Noob
Reaction score
well I am not going to download it then, no point unless it makes phone stop lagging so bad, 4.3 is making it lag something bad.

55julie55

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Well I did it .
I downloaded the latest 4.3.1 to my iPad from 4.3
Not a single problem.
In fact it hasn't run as smoothly since my initial 3.2
Very ,very happy.
Battery life now normal
All info including a iTunes rental movie sitting waiting.
All passwords working
Very happy.
Was nervous at first but I bit the bullet.
Aussie gal

Snowlady

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Battery issues..

Before you do anything that may create problems,you might try turning it off. I know that may sound brainless if you have been smart enough to do that regularly, however after I spent a week traveling, using hotel wifi, etc. I suddenly had battery life issues big time . Someone here on the forum reminded me to turn it off, not sleep, but off, where the apple comes up, the slide, etc. It worked like a charm. Magic battery life wonderful again. Just a thought, from a no tech iPad user:)

david7z

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a first generation iPad. The battery drain much faster after upgrading to IOS 4.3.1, about 1% per hour in sleep mode. I did not noticed this problem after upgrading to 4.3. A friend's iPad2 with IOS 4.3.1 still has the same battery percentage after 8 hour in sleep mode. Does someone have a similar experience?

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts