What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

4.3.5 for ipad2

Hufn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So I am curently on 4.3.4 and of course it asks to upgrade to 4.3.5 on any sync. Are there any real benefits to upgrading this? I didn't see anything listed here - only asking specifically about the ipad2 since that's all I have ;)

thanks

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Apple created iOS 4.3.5 to fix a security hole in iOS 4.3.4, which was created to fix a PDF exploit that jailbreakers used to, well, jailbreak iOS 4.3.3.

If you have no intentions of seeing if a jailbreak can be created for iOS 4.3.4 (which, TBH, probably won't happen), then I'd say go ahead and upgrade.

At the least, it'll remove that annoying "you gotta update!" reminder on iTunes... :D

Marilyn

OP
H

Hufn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for an answer :) Well I can remove the notice just by clicking the ignore box ;) but my question isn't whether I should but more what, if anything, that 4.3.5 would get me. If the answer is nothing, I'll stay here and not bother. The last update I did wound up with my ipad being replaced so I'd rather not risk it...

Wildpad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I won't update now cuz each update is HUGE for my slow Satalite Internet connection- and causes flack from WildBlue for "over-usage", even though updating an operating system or protection is not really a 'fun' thing. Believe you me- the day I can dump WildBlue will be a GREAT DAY !!!

OP
H

Hufn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
lol...
so I guess that's a no.. ok then...

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I probably wasn't clear enough, but - the only thing iOS 4.3.5 did was to fix a security issue (per Apple). And, iOS 4.3.4 came out to fix another security hole (the one c0mex was able to exploit to jailbreak).

AFAIK, that's the only reason for those 2 versions. So, if fixing Apple-noted security issues is not important to you, then no, there is no need for you to update.

IOW, you'll see no change if you do update to IOS 4.3.5

Hope that clrifies things better.

Marilyn

Most reactions