What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

4.3.1 UNTETHERED JAILBREAK TUTORIAL RedSn0w MAC & WINDOWS iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad

PhilSynowiec

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3y3BSQK-0E]YouTube - 4.3.1 UNTETHERED JAILBREAK TUTORIAL RedSn0w MAC & WINDOWS iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad[/ame]​

OFFICIAL JAILBREAK TUTORIAL!

Following Devices ARE supported:
- iPhone3GS
- iPhone4 (GSM)
- iPod touch 3G
- iPod touch 4G
- iPad1
- AppleTV 2G (PwnageTool only for now)

NO iPad 2 JAILBREAK YET!

IF YOU REQUIRE AN UNLOCK YOU NEED TO WAIT!

FOLLOW THE STEP BY STEP GUIDE IN THE VIDEO.

Redsn0w Download:
Dev-Team Blog - Three years of pwnage(tool)
4.3.1 Firmware IPSW Download:
Download iOS 4.3.1 Firmware for iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch [IPSW] | iPhoneHeat

tozol

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well it is awesome news, missed my JB since 4.2.....

so not quite brave enough to be one of the first, lol, so anyone done ipad 1 yet??

tozol

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just a question, probably obvious, but you have to double check.

Just plugged in ipad, and realized not even gone to 4.31 yet, so I guess i just let it do that officially before following JB??

Reaction score
tozol said:

Just plugged in ipad, and realized not even gone to 4.31 yet, so I guess i just let it do that officially before following JB??

Yes, you should update to 4.3.1, the jailbreak will also work with 4.3, but it is better if you upgrade first then jb.

Btw. the jailbreak works great. The whole procedure took around 10 min, afterwards just logged into Cydia and all previously purchased apps were available for download.

tozol

iPF Noob
Reaction score
tozol said:

Yes, you should update to 4.3.1, the jailbreak will also work with 4.3, but it is better if you upgrade first then jb.

Btw. the jailbreak works great. The whole procedure took around 10 min, afterwards just logged into Cydia and all previously purchased apps were available for download.

Appreciated, will give this a go then as itunes update just done.

thanks

Maverik

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Will do this on iPad 1 when I get home, just sucks we are still waiting for iPad 2 JB

OneMarcil

iPF Novice
Reaction score
tozol said:
Done, all great, and easy, less than 5 mins on my ipad, 4.31.

How is this accomplished? Is this as easy as jail breaking a phone by typing in a we page and getting an automatic jIl break by sliding the bottom on the bottom f the screen?

What differences have you seen in your IPAD as far as the screen looks and so on?

Sent from my iPad 32gb WIFI 3G 1st generation.

Reaction score
OneMarcil said:
How is this accomplished? Is this as easy as jail breaking a phone by typing in a we page and getting an automatic jIl break by sliding the bottom on the bottom f the screen?

What differences have you seen in your IPAD as far as the screen looks and so on?

Sent from my iPad 32gb WIFI 3G 1st generation.

Not that easy, but still achievable. The slide jailbreak is only available for old iPhones. Now you have to download 2 files: the firmware and redsn0w, or pwnagetools, select the firmware from within the software and then follow the onscreen instructions to enter DFU mode.

shirell0

iPF Noob
Reaction score
PhilSynowiec said:
Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3y3BSQK-0E

OFFICIAL JAILBREAK TUTORIAL!

Following Devices ARE supported:
- iPhone3GS
- iPhone4 (GSM)
- iPod touch 3G
- iPod touch 4G
- iPad1
- AppleTV 2G (PwnageTool only for now)

NO iPad 2 JAILBREAK YET!

IF YOU REQUIRE AN UNLOCK YOU NEED TO WAIT!

FOLLOW THE STEP BY STEP GUIDE IN THE VIDEO.

Redsn0w Download:
Dev-Team Blog - Three years of pwnage(tool)
4.3.1 Firmware IPSW Download:
Download iOS 4.3.1 Firmware for iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch [IPSW] | iPhoneHeat

Ok, heres my problem. I have a 3gs iphone running on 3.1.3 OS and its on the Spirit JB. I am scared to update my itunes because I may lose my JB. Problem #1

Problem #2- I would like to update to the latest firmware and do this new JB. Do i need a internet connection? I ask bc I use mywi for internet. So if i try to do the new JB i wont have a internet connection. Please let me know bc I am scared to update something and lose my internet. I need it bc I am a online student.

Please advise? Anyone or lead me to the place that can help because I am really good with instructions.

Any help is appreciated and thanks in advance.

Reaction score
You don't need an active Internet connection during the jailbreak process, as long as you download the two above linked files before you upgrade the iphone's firmware are you fine, as the rest is carried out offline.

However, you will need Internet to redownload MyWi. Even if you backup everything with pkgbackup, would you need Internet to download pkgbackup, before you can restore your other Cydia apps&settings.

Most reactions

Latest posts