What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

4.2.1 Untethered Jailbreak Released!

nooris

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Its a beta, not even an RC. Also it only works on Mac's. Stay away, unless you enjoy self flagellation.

OP
C

Clickclickw00t

iPF Noob
Reaction score
whatever way you look at it, its still better than a tethered jailbreak

Sam707

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'll wait for the official untethered jailbreak, not the beta

ParishM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Here's some notes from the Dev-Team Blog:

• This is a beta tester program. It’s not a general release! Things can go very wrong, so please don’t even consider testing if you have pictures or other media on your device that you haven’t backed up!
  • For the same reason, please don’t participate if you rely on the ultrasn0w carrier unlock. Wait for the final version!
  • Until we fix some sandbox issues with bluetooth, the bluetooth functionality is disabled.
  • This very first beta1 is limited to iPhone4, iPad, and iPod touch 4G.
  • Cydia must have your 4.2b3 SHSH blobs saved on file. (As we approach a general release, we’ll provide a way to let you use locally saved hashes too).
  • You must already have the usbmuxd software installed and running on your Mac (this requirement will eventually go away too). The correct invocation of the relay is just as that page says: “./tcprelay.py -t 22:2222”. If the relay isn’t installed or running correctly by the time the redsn0w ramdisk has started, you’ll need to restore to stock FW again to try it again. Please test it beforehand to save yourself some time!

leey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sent all day trying to get the new jailbreak to function, ended up restoring, think I will stay here awhile before I do another jailbreak.
Thanks anyways Dev Team.

D-an-W

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Didn't work for me either "An unknown error has occured" even when just trying to jailbreak a newly restored iPad.

Mike_73

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would have tried, but it's mac-only so far.
I don't care about the beta stuff. In opposite, I think that makes it more interesting and challenging.
And my iPad isn't a such important part, so even if it would go wrong....then I'd just wait until it works out.

zeux6

iPF Noob
Reaction score
from what i have researched, you'll have problems playing your music from iTunes, bluetooth won't work either. I would most likely wait.

dark-hell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Happy new year to The Dev-Team. And hope you guys be able to fix all the bugs and launch the release Version Soon.

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I will wait to official final version is released. No sense in getting beta version where major components arent wrking, like bluetooth. Even if u get beta, u r still gonna want the final version, so u might as well just wait ;-) IMO.
Happy Belated New years also, Ipadforums.net

johnnypanic

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Will be waiting for the offical final release also. But a big thank you to the dev-team for all their hard work.

Happy New Year to one and all.

sh0nuff

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Following @MuscleNerd and @comex on Twitter will allows anyone interested to get updates as they come out...

I've also decided to stay away until at least bluetooth is re-enabled, seeing as to how much I rely on my Apple wireless keyboard with my iPad. :)

Mjbz68

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The Bluetooth keyboard is my main concern too. I'll be waiting for the official untethered release also!

Happy New Years everyone!

Most reactions

Latest posts