What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3g help needed

connie26448

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi everyone I am Connie and I just bought the ipad wi-fi + 3G and I registered woth AT&T and was told the I could get service anywhere with 3G but I am have not been able to connect without wi-fi... I don't know what I am doing wrong.....Hope someone and help me out?????

CMFox

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi everyone I am Connie and I just bought the ipad wi-fi + 3G and I registered woth AT&T and was told the I could get service anywhere with 3G but I am have not been able to connect without wi-fi... I don't know what I am doing wrong.....Hope someone and help me out?????

You may not be configured right, I leave that to the more knowledgeable to help you.

My experience with ATT 3G is that they lie. I've traveled a lot of the midwest and west and find the ATT 3g coverage at best spotty.

Check and see if in the upper left hand corner you are getting the 3G icon and it will tell you if you are connecting and at what rate. 3G = good.
E = dial up rate 0 = shoot yourself your way outta range.

hth
CM

Mgaudette

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you have not sync with iTunes you should do that first. Then in settings make sure that AT&T 3G is selected and not the default. Lastly make sure that there is an entry in your APN field. If it's blank get the info from them. Hope this helps.

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
welcome Connie to the Forum

Did you go into settings and create an account? You'll need a credit card, an email address, and a telephone number. You do not have to synch to iTunes to start 3G service. It is a good idea to backup your iPad--especially if you are buying apps on your iPad--that way you'll have a copy on your PC in case you have to restore.

Good luck!

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum Mgaudette!

If you have not sync with iTunes you should do that first. Then in settings make sure that AT&T 3G is selected and not the default. Lastly make sure that there is an entry in your APN field. If it's blank get the info from them. Hope this helps.

We do not choose (so far) who Is our 3G carrier in the USA. Because of this, setting up 3G service is really easy, just follow the prompts!

Most reactions

Latest posts