What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3G drops to E and does not return to 3G

rd_bhatnagar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am struggling to get the actual feel of the 3G connection on the iPad. The 3G on the status bar changes to E very frequently and does not return to 3G, though the service provider has demonstrated that his signal does not fluctuate.

I have not upgraded to 4.2.1 yet.

deckyon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.sturmphoto.com
Service between towers will always fluctuate. The signal from the servers may be constant, but any over the air waves will flux.

Things to pay attention to - time of day, weather, traffic, your distance from the towers. All of these things can cause degradation in the signal between your device and the towers as well as between the towers themselves.

For me, while it stays 3G, during lunch I notice a decrease in speed while on my iPad.

JGibson

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am struggling to get the actual feel of the 3G connection on the iPad. The 3G on the status bar changes to E very frequently and does not return to 3G, though the service provider has demonstrated that his signal does not fluctuate.

I have not upgraded to 4.2.1 yet.

An almost similar problem with my 3G it was low signal or no signal at times. Even with a tower 1/2 mile away. Took it to a apple store, they first told me to change the sim card and then when that didn't work. They did a diagnostic and found my iPad was at fault and they gave me a new one. Before taking it to a apple store make sure you update it and I would get a new sim card, and get a receipt for the card. I compared with my friend on signal strength standing in the same spot. Otherwise I just thought it was poor AT&T signal. I hope this helps.

OP
R

rd_bhatnagar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well this could be rare. In India there is no apple support who can do the diagnosis. Can a hard reset help in this case.

The thing was working quite well a few days ago.

Most reactions

Latest posts