What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

360 hours and counting

priceless29

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello to all. I am a soon to be Ipad noob owner and even though my birthday gift arrived today I have 360 hours before it will be mine. My daughter has it in her closet and she growls at me if I even pass by her door. LOL.

I would welcome any advice and suggestions and most specifically would love any feedback on what type of learning curve I need to prepare myself for coming from the world of windows.

I am a web surfer, sometimes online shopper, Netflix lover. I do look at Facebook but am not really into updating every moment of my life on it.

I believe I am getting the Apple case and camera connector with my Ipad. Are there any other must have items that I should maybe put on my X-mas list.

OP
P

priceless29

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I believe I am getting the stock case with it. Do you have any recommendations on a better case?

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No...I really am not the best person to ask about anything. Although, in my defense, I did actually help TWO people since joining this site.:D

I have a pink leather case that is very soft and I can use it as a stand too.

OP
P

priceless29

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No...I really am not the best person to ask about anything. Although, in my defense, I did actually help TWO people since joining this site.:D

I have a pink leather case that is very soft and I can use it as a stand too.

Ooohhh tell me where you got that at please. I lubs pink. My laptop is a pink Sony Vaio and I even have a matching pink cooling fan and carry bag too.:eek:

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can't recall where I got it, but I think it was Amazon. It came with a very cool sticker set too, which I never used. $26.00.

002-7.jpg
013-9.jpg
018-15.jpg

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum priceless29!

And Marie, we're officially counting this as the THIRD person you have helped!

Is this the one?

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/CaseCrown-Professional-Leather-Organizer-Apple/dp/B003OFJSNS/ref=sr_1_21?ie=UTF8&qid=1286345623&sr=8-21[/ame]

Last edited:

Wakawaka

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Two weeks? Long time. So worth it. Don't buy apple case.. Search for a nice case an buy so you'll have it before you unwrap the pad

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Don't underestimate the Apple case it's actually is very good despite it's drab look.
That rubberized surface makes it very easy to grip without fear of dropping.

Wakawaka

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Don't underestimate the Apple case it's actually is very good despite it's drab look.
That rubberized surface makes it very easy to grip without fear of dropping.

It is..but the rubber likes to grab too much. Makes it look dirty. Also a pita to install or remove the pad. At home I like it naked. And for $40 you can spend your money better.. I think 18.99 would be a good price

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I personally do not own a pink case for my iPad, but Marie (SweetPoison) had suggested one like hers for the OP who "lubs" pink! So either the OP is a woman or a man who is VERY confident in his sexual orientation!!

I would welcome any advice and suggestions and most specifically would love any feedback on what type of learning curve I need to prepare myself for coming from the world of windows.
Go to the Apple website and download the FREE iPad User Guide --

http://support.apple.com/manuals/#ipad

While we all would be very happy to answer all your questions (and even give you some correct answers once in a while!), probably most of what you need to know (to get started anyway) is in there. You can (should!) also save the iPad User Guide to your computer after you download it.

Last edited:
OP
P

priceless29

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I personally do not own a pink case for my iPad, but Marie (SweetPoison) had suggested one like hers for the OP who "lubs" pink! So either the OP is a woman or a man who is VERY confident in his sexual orientation!!

Go to the Apple website and download the FREE iPad User Guide --

Apple - Support - Manuals

While we all would be very happy to answer all your questions (and even give you some correct answers once in a while!), probably most of what you need to know (to get started anyway) is in there. You can (should!) also save the iPad User Guide to your computer after you download it.

:) lol. I am a girl and I do love pink. The Ipad is my birthday gift but my family is making me wait until my birthday to have it. The good news is that is only about 344 hours to go.

Thanks for the suggestion on the manual. I will do that this evening. I will also check out the links for the cases too.

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not sure how close you are to an Apple store (or any electronics store) with demo iPads set up that you can play with - but when I knew I was going to get mine (it was also a gift) I went to the downtown Apple store for a week to "test-drive" a couple of them and talk to people.

I also began researching various accessories, e.g. cases and jackets, bags, protective screens, etc, and ordered them in advance - so that when I actually received the device I was also ready to accessorize. By the way, have you seen the leather covers from Oberon:

6122.jpg

jaybrass73

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Welcome! Otterbox cases are tough, there's some nice leather folio cases, I was disappointed with the apple case though I have to say

Most reactions

Latest posts