What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

32gb wifi OR 16gb 4G?

Wingless

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What would you prefer? I know a lot has to do with what people do, but I don't want to spend more tab I need to for a 32gb 4G, so it's pretty much space over internet everywhere option. There are times where I'd love to have internet (on my iPad 1) at work waiting for next shift, or the feeling of knowing it's there when I'm about, but of course I have my lovely Droid razr if need be.

I have ran my iPad 1 16gb full lmao, but on the other side it was ALL from apps, no music or pictures or videos, so if you run 16gb with just apps it was pretty easy to get rid of a lot also and now I'm fine again.

Also I don't want to tether, I like to not run my phones battery when I'm out, and I have wifi when I'm in anyways.

Other hand it's like 130 dollars more, plus like 30 more a month on top. This is a tough decision.

What would you do?

Wakeupdead87

iPF Noob
Reaction score
32gb over 4g in my opinion. Apps are getting bigger that's a fact. Some games are already over 1gb.

Tim84

iPF Noob
Reaction score
32GB over 4G for me too - would much rather have the space for films, music, Apps etc. than 4G, especially as I can tether to my iPhone if I really need Internet on the go

OP
W

Wingless

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yea but I don't want to root my Droid again so no tethering for me just yet lol

Tim84

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Think I'd still go 32GB over 4G even if I couldn't tether! I like space as I watch a lot of films on iPad

armoredsaint

iPF Noob
Reaction score
32G with 4G - better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it.
:thumbs:
A few movies/shows will fill it up quick.

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
this all depends an how you will use the iPad. The upgrade to 4G model is well worth the extra price not only for having the option of having connected internet anywhere you go, but also for the very accurate built in GPS.

When I got the first iPad I got a 32GB model yet I only really used about 12GB. Not just because thats all that I had to load onto my iPad but because I had a ton of pictures, music, videos, and I had to decide on what I really wanted to have with me where ever I go. I have Terabytes of media but I don't really need to have it all with me where ever I go. I load up the playlist of current music I'm listening to, Load a few movies or podcasts that I haven't watched yet and my photo's.

Yes with the better screen apps that are optimized for the new screen may increase in size somewhat but at the same time things in iCloud are coming along to offload a lot of space from your device. Your pictures show up in your photo stream from iCloud and now all of your music can be played directly from iCloud over the internet with iTunes Match. So if you pay the $25 per year for iTunes Match, you not only get the music quality upgrade (if you ripped your music with lower bit-rates) but you also have the option of freeing however many gigabytes of music you own off of your iPad.

Zergslayer69

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I also go for the 32 over 4g. Why pay more for something that doesn't work until you pay EVEN more for it? I have an iPhone to tether anyways.

Wolfpuppies3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Neither

I bought the 64 gig 4G/WiFi. If 128 gig had been available, I would have ordered that. I use the space. And I use a 500 gig wifi external drive as well.

jwt873

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have a 32Gig 3G iPad.. The 3G is important to me because I like to be able to browse whenever I want, wherever I may be. I'm not a fan of sniffing around for WiFi hot spots whenever I'm away from home. -- My employer requires that I use a Blackberry which doesn't allow tethering so I can't do that.. (But it's not all that bad because they pay all the costs so I have no monthly cell phone bills :). All I pay for is the iPad 3G plan. (About $25 a month). 4G/LTE will be sweet.

Also.. The 3G/4G models have a GPS receiver built in.. (The WiFi only ones don't) .. I frequently use my iPad as a GPS unit when I'm going somewhere I'm not familiar with.

As far as memory.. I have a 32 Gig iPad 1 right now. After two years of owning it, I still have 20 Gigs free... I'm not a big downloader. My next iPad will have 4G and 16 Gigs of memory.

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
jwt873 said:
I have a 32Gig 3G iPad.. The 3G is important to me because I like to be able to browse whenever I want, wherever I may be. I'm not a fan of sniffing around for WiFi hot spots whenever I'm away from home. -- My employer requires that I use a Blackberry which doesn't allow tethering so I can't do that.. (But it's not all that bad because they pay all the costs so I have no monthly cell phone bills :). All I pay for is the iPad 3G plan. (About $25 a month). 4G/LTE will be sweet.

Also.. The 3G/4G models have a GPS receiver built in.. (The WiFi only ones don't) .. I frequently use my iPad as a GPS unit when I'm or going somewhere I'm not familiar with.

As far as memory.. I have a 32 Gig iPad 1 right now. After two years of owning it, I still have 20 Gigs free... I'm not a big downloader. My next iPad will have 4G and 16 Gigs of memory.

Question for you: if you were allowed to tether with company BB wouldn't they have access to your personal iPad information via the tethering or if you used their wifi? Me, personally,I
Always use my 3G data while at work as I am too paranoid.

Sent from my Verizon Black 64GB iPad 2 w IOS 5.1 Update From NYC!!! using iPF.net

lique831

iPF Noob
Reaction score
From the Techcrunch review: "
On the iPad I’m testing out, I have three pages of apps, a few hundred photos, one HD movie, and one music album. It’s really not that much stuff, but it takes up over 20 GB of storage. The apps alone are over 10 GB of that."
The New iPad Makes Apple

OP
W

Wingless

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Let me say this, I won't have any pictures really or songs or movies, just apps pretty much, what would you do?

Most reactions

Latest posts