What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3 tips for iPad power users

Sunnyshine

iPF Noob
Reaction score
1.Tap and hold virtual keys
Other virtual keys hold special powers, too. Press and hold on a vowel, for example, and a pop-over window containing accented versions of the selected character appears. Consonants like C, S and N also offer alternatives when you tap and hold on their virtual keys.

Similarly, holding down punctuation marks can provide extra options. The hyphen offers an em dash and bullet. And the dollar sign hides symbols for numerous currencies.

2.Avoid application exits
Sometimes you notice something you’d like to check out more closely in an app – at the same instant you press the Home button. Instead of letting the app close, then finding its icon and waiting while the app relaunches, you can tell your iPad to abort your now-unwanted Home button press. If you hold down the Home button longer – by just a few seconds – your iPad will abandon its plans to close the current app and will carry on as before.

3. Fill your dock
Brand-new iPads feature just four apps in the Dock. Because of that, many iPad owners keep just four apps in the Dock and don’t think to add any more. But you can, if you want to. It turns out that the Dock can actually hold six apps if you’d like it to. All you need to do to keep your more frequently accessed apps in the Dock is move them there. To do so, simply press and hold on any app icon until the apps start to jiggle, and then drag the app you’d like to move right into the Dock, where it will stay.

Poser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i didn't know about number 2.

plus my dock have 10 icons(apps).

idave23

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Poser said:

If it does you know something the rest of us don't. ;) Do you mean you have folders with multiple apps in your dock or are you referring to your home page?

Poser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Poser said:

If it does you know something the rest of us don't. ;) Do you mean you have folders with multiple apps in your dock or are you referring to your home page?

i am jailbroken, i have 10 in my dock at a time, i paged it too, so when i swipe right, another 10. I can have a mixture of apps and folders, but the whole point is, i can fit up to 10(paged or not), if i disable paging, it will just scroll thru them, still showing ten at a time.

its called scrollingboard(a tweak).

Most reactions