What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2 Questions

Taylor263621

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi everybody, I know its been a while, but I have 2 questions?

1. Does the update for IOS 4.3 apply to Ipad 1st Gen?
2. If it does, and I have an Untethered Jailbreak, will it reset my Ipad to factory settings? Or when I update it will not effect the jailbreak?

Thanks,

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iOS 4.3 is for ALL iPads and like all iOS releases, when you install it over a jailbroken mobile device, you are back in "prison" and will need to wait until a new jailbreak is released iOS 4.3.

So the lesson here is to save your blobs!

Davebarrie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wake me when ios5 gets here

Is there any good reason to fight against the tide of updates just to find out your favorite cydia tweak is no longer supported?

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Another thing ive noticed when updating ios while jailbroken. If u update, it takes away jailbrake BUT all the jailbrake app files, folders, etc... Are still retained in ipad internal memory. I discovered this one time a few jailbrakes back. I was like wth all my memory go. With new update and jailbreak gone, i should have a ton of new memory left. I confirmed it on new jailbreak n used ifiles to go into internal files/folders. Behold, all my movies, emulator roms, and etc.. Was still in there without me having redownloading/placing them in there again. So be careful or uninstall all cydia apps b4 upgrading the ios. Also, if u dont, when u do the new jailbreak, it makes duplicate jailbreak files since original ones still in there. I had to do some early spring cleaning in the ipad internally once i discovered that also. How did i know which files to deletE? By looking at the date of the install. The older duplicate files had dates from a previous jailbrake. New jailbreak had a more recent date. Hope that helps for those who dont know and another great reason Ifiles is needed.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts