What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2 Question to asked

Dominick54

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got a IPad 4 with 64G with retna display. My first question is what movies Apps does anybody have? Second I would reconmend that people buy there IPAd from Apple because the other retail stores up the price to make money for themselves which I made a big mistake on that.

buerkletucson

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm with ya on the Apple store recommendation......
No games and they have great customer service.

Welcome!

rhardin

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I use Netflix on mine and its great as long as ur wifi is good.... I watched Thor on it the other day it was great....

Patrick9654

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I also use Netfix and if you have Verizon FIOS there is an app that allows you to watch television on your ipad. I think you can also watch television via Hulu but I have not tried that yet

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Dominick54 said:
I got a IPad 4 with 64G with retna display. My first question is what movies Apps does anybody have? Second I would reconmend that people buy there IPAd from Apple because the other retail stores up the price to make money for themselves which I made a big mistake on that.

Hello Dominick54, congratulations on getting your new iPad. I'm glad you found the forum. I use my iPad to view movies and TV shows. I have created a folder that contains all of my apps that I own that help access movies and TV shows. All are free apps, but some apps like Netflix, Amazon Prime, Hulu+, require subscription. Netflix--US$8.00 per month; Amazon Prime--first month is free "trial subscription" and then you'll be charged US$79 for a year of access; Hulu+ has a monthly service fee too but I haven't signed up for that service, since I get all I need from Netflix & Amazon Prime. Xfinity app allows me access to Comcast, which is part of being a Comcast subscriber. ABC and PBS are free apps and you can watch current season's programming.

Regarding your comment about buying your iPad from other retail stores....I have purchased two iPads from Best Buy, the price I paid was the same as offered in the Apple store. Most first tier partners like Best Buy or Target or Walmart do not markup the iPad.

Here is a screen shot of my Entertainment folder:

Attachments

• image-3095213607.jpg
    image-3095213607.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 243

Starwars5000

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Like others, I reccomend Netflix. Now, I suppose that is assuming you are willing to pay eight dollars a month. I'm pretty sure Amazon Prime is only seven dollars a month, and with that, you get free two day shipping on amazon. Correct me if I'm wrong with those prices and things.

Hope this helped.

AdmiralAdama

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Near the Ionian Nebula, still searching for Earth
I've been a Netflix (Canada) subscriber for more than a year and I'm a happy customer. Except for when Amazon's servers which Netflix runs over, went down Christmas Eve and part of Christmas Day.

Netflix costs $7.99 per month, all you can eat on as many Netflix enabled devices as you have. It's per month and you can drop out and come back as often as you want.

Amazon Prime provides unlimited content across any number of devices too. It costs $79 per year, which overall is $16 less expensive than Netflix.
Some Amazon video content costs extra. U.S. Members only have access to two-day shipping on Amazon purchases. I believe you also can lease some Kindle books at no cost if you're an Amazon Prime member.

AA

Sent from my iPad using iPF

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
TBrisson said:
Can anyone tell me if I can download the Amazon app store on my Ipad? If so, how to I do that? Thanks!

There are three Amazon.com apps available in the AppStore. I think there are only three. The Amazon Mobile app is basically the store app. Amazon Prime is for accessing movies/TV shows. The Kindle app is to read books and magazines. You just have to go to the AppStore and install.

Attachments

• image-3226358988.jpg
    image-3226358988.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 199

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The only apps that will run on a non jailbroken iPad are apps obtained from the Apple AppStore.

cyndy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The Amazon Mp3 has to be established @ Amazon, I have that on my iPod and use it way more then iTunes as songs are cheaper @ Amazon. Amazon has it's own cloud and songs can be held there or downloaded to your Apple device. Amazon also has fantastic sales from time to time on albums, had the number one album Red for instance and 50 others for $1.99 for one day last month. The Prime has other benefits free two day shipping for prime, and the movies are free, somewhat older movies, but a good selection and some great TV shows. It 's pretty new at it and gets better selections very month. Incidentally, you can get all the Amazon apps on your PC, any tablet, including iPad, iPods, iPhones (free) so if you are reading a book (bought @ Amazon you can pick it right up where you started on any device. Same with the Mp3 s, a pretty good deal. The Amazon streaming vid app lets you go right to the prime vids then weeding through everything else, I love it, I have it on my New app Tv too. Click and go. $79 gets you Prime a year. Mp3 cloud doesn't! need Prime membership. One thing good about Amazon, is if you made a mistake, say clicked buy then rent free, you can call a real person to correct your mistake.

And, yes, amazon apps are only android, again because Apple is a closed operating system. I do have those apps on my Kindle and Apple apps are usually better.

Last edited:

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
cyndy said:
The Amazon Mp3 has to be established @ Amazon, I have that on my iPod and use it way more then iTunes as songs are cheaper @ Amazon. Amazon has it's own cloud and songs can be held there or downloaded to your Apple device. Amazon also has fantastic sales from time to time on al ums, had the no one al I'm Red for instance and 50 others for $1.99 for one day last month. The Prime has other benefits free two day shipping for prime, and the movies are free, somewhat older movies, but a goog selection and some great TV shows. It ,s pretty well new at it and gets better selections very month. Incidentally, you can get all the Amazon apps on your PCM, any tablet, including iPad, iPods, iPhones (free) so if you are reading a book (bought @ Amazon you can pick it right up where you started on any device. Same with the Mp3 s, a pretty good deal. The Amazon streaming vid app lets you go right to the prime vids then weeding through everything else, I love it, I have it on my New app Tv too. Click and go. $79 gets you Prime a year. Mp3 cloud doesn't!t need Prime membership. One thing good about Amazon, is if you made a mistake, say clicked buy then rent free, you can call a real person to correct your mistake.

Are you talking about the Amazon Prime App for the iPad? While it does most of what you say, apps cannot be downloaded to the iPad without going through the AppStore.

cyndy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oddly you will not find the Amazon mpg3 player in the Apple store, but it is on Amazon. And I notice it is not on my iPad, but it is on my iPod. And I downloaded it on it myself. I guess it isn't available on the iPad. Hmm, odd, as you can't download anything but Apple apps.

And I don' have a jail broke iPad.

Most reactions

Latest posts