What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

16gb or 32gb

16gb or 32gb

• 16gb

Votes: 11 35.5%
  • 32gb

Votes: 20 64.5%

• Total voters

bianx0x0

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello. I was browsing the net to know whether i should get a 16gb or 32gb Ipad when I got into this forum. Hopefully you guys can help me.

Actually I'm about to buy an Ipad for my 7 years old sister. She's a tech-freak. She loves playing with my ipod. She's also into Disney's, Harry Potter and Barbie movies.

Basically the Ipad will be for apps and movies. You think if I'll pack the Ipad with the above mentioned movies, 16gb wont be enough? Or a 32gb seems to be so much for a 7 years old?

I only have a 8gb ipod and its too much for me. Basically I only use it for app games.

Help me please...

Mickeylittle

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I voted for the 32 because I feel that the apps are getting larger and since the iPad storage isn't expandable I would be scared of a 16. In fact I have the 64!

kitkat3709

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I vote 32!

Sent from my IPad 3rd Generation 64 GB LTE Black :)

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Well, I'm a grown man and I got the 64GB version. I just can see giving even at 16GB iPad to a kid....won't a kid tear it up? I don't know much about little 7 yro, though.

If you rip the movies from DVD, then you can get them smallish enough to fit on a 16GB iPad...you might just get her an iPad 2 and save $100. Or a used or refurbished one. Or you can get her an iPod Touch and put those movies on it.

Or, get her a Kindle Fire! Much smaller but much better than a touch....

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You cannot go wrong getting 32 Gb, and may regret the 16 Gb. However, we have rules and polls have a place, so I am moving this.

OP
B

bianx0x0

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i dont know the rules. sorry and thank you.

thank you for the insights. keep bringing them. am on a budget but i wouldnt mind going far since its a one- time gift.

how many space does a full movie requires? how many can i load up in a 16gb?

Mickeylittle

iPF Novice
Reaction score
i dont know the rules. sorry and thank you.

thank you for the insights. keep bringing them. am on a budget but i wouldnt mind going far since its a one- time gift.

how many space does a full movie requires? how many can i load up in a 16gb?

Depending on the quality settings but just estimate about 1gb for a 1 and a half hour movie. So remember that the 16gb iPad comes with the operating system and stock apps so 16gb is really around 13gb for you to load stuff on!

kitkat3709

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My suggestion is to get a sturdy case and Apple Care Plus. I'm sure with good rules about care of the device and supervision, she will handle it just fine.

Sent from my IPad 3rd Generation 64 GB LTE Black :)

followthesapper

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I vote for the 16gb, save some money. I have about 50 movies and keep them on my PC, and just sync via itunes the ones I want to watch on the the pad. Doesn't take long to change them.

Rends

iPF Novice
Reaction score

JLSaxton2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've a 32 gb ipad2 I'm happy with. Come to think of it I'd probably would be happy with a 16 gb because I us it in conjunction with a pogo an have 4 tb to down an upload from without actually using space on pad.

Daylife

iPF Noob
Reaction score
bianx0x0 said:
Hello. I was browsing the net to know whether i should get a 16gb or 32gb Ipad when I got into this forum. Hopefully you guys can help me.

Actually I'm about to buy an Ipad for my 7 years old sister. She's a tech-freak. She loves playing with my ipod. She's also into Disney's, Harry Potter and Barbie movies.

Basically the Ipad will be for apps and movies. You think if I'll pack the Ipad with the above mentioned movies, 16gb wont be enough? Or a 32gb seems to be so much for a 7 years old?

I only have a 8gb ipod and its too much for me. Basically I only use it for app games.

Help me please...

That's a pretty crazy gift for a 7 yr old lmao.....but I say go 32gb, I personally have a 64gb because I edit videos on mine.

HKWrite12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
AQ_OC said:
Well, I'm a grown man and I got the 64GB version. I just can see giving even at 16GB iPad to a kid....won't a kid tear it up? I don't know much about little 7 yro, though.

If you rip the movies from DVD, then you can get them smallish enough to fit on a 16GB iPad...you might just get her an iPad 2 and save $100. Or a used or refurbished one. Or you can get her an iPod Touch and put those movies on it.

Or, get her a Kindle Fire! Much smaller but much better than a touch....

I'm with them.

I would try to find an iPad 2 because god bless the child but she most likely won't be able to tell the difference. Some walmarts and retailers still have them in stock and if you get the iPad2, get a 32. Get a cutesy case and call it a day. Macmall is having a clearance sale on iPad 2. You can get her one and her one and 100 restaurant.com ecard. That's an iPad and 4 meals!!!!

I'd suggest a kindle fire too but since you said she will be become an IT geek, don't smother her dreams. iPad will offer much better apps and educational benefit.

mannyberrios

iPF Noob
Reaction score
HKWrite12 said:
I'm with them.

I would try to find an iPad 2 because god bless the child but she most likely won't be able to tell the difference. Some walmarts and retailers still have them in stock and if you get the iPad2, get a 32. Get a cutesy case and call it a day. Macmall is having a clearance sale on iPad 2. You can get her one and her one and 100 restaurant.com ecard. That's an iPad and 4 meals!!!!

I'd suggest a kindle fire too but since you said she will be become an IT geek, don't smother her dreams. iPad will offer much better apps and educational benefit.

I am with you on this one! Get the 32!

romeosc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I vote for 32 GB and save the money and buy an AirStash+!

I have a 64 GB 4G (AT&T), but since I got the unlimited storage on the AirStash! I never come close to filling it up! I have several 32 GB SD cards filled with pictures, a few 16 & 32 GB cards with Pages, Keynote, Numbers, & PDF documents!

It gives you the unlimited storage READ & WRITE that Apple says is impossible!

Most reactions

Latest posts