What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

12v car chargers on Amazon = bad reviews

Wetstuff

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There are a number of people selling a car charger for the iPad .. but almost all the reviews say these gentlemen are simply selling low wattage units for the iPod. Have you found one that really works?

I am tired finding that I have 20% of remaining after leaving my iPad sit for a few days. I would simply leave it plugged in.

Jim

appsmonkey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
appsmonkey.com
You need to make sure you buy an iPad car charger that specifically says '2 Amps' on it and use the 2 Amp USB cable that it comes with. That will guarantee the fastest charge for your iPad (many iPod chargers only have about .5 or 1 amp which explains the slow charge). I have the Kensington Duo, which lets me charge both my iPad and my iPhone together without 'splitting' the charging power (it has 2.1 amps for iPad and 1 amp for iPhone). It's under 10 bucks too (on Amazon).

41xlR6AS4yL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Last edited:

kvizzel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You need to make sure you buy an iPad car charger that specifically says '2 Amps' on it and use the 2 Amp USB cable that it comes with. That will guarantee the fastest charge for your iPad (many iPod chargers only have about .5 or 1 amp which explains the slow charge). I have the Kensington Duo, which lets me charge both my iPad and my iPhone together without 'splitting' the charging power (it has 2.1 amps for iPad and 1 amp for iPhone). It's under 10 bucks too.

Would you mind posting where you bought it?

thanks!

Diane B

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have a Griffan that charges both pretty quickly tho' i've never charged them at the same time. I bought it at Best Buy.

Most reactions

Latest posts