What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

12 Fantastic iPad Photo Apps

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score

If you're someone who likes editing photos on your iPad, Fosfor.com has come up with the following list of what they consider to be 12 of the best photo apps. There's some pretty interesting stuff in there.

• Photo fx Ultra ($5.99) - Choose from 68 different filters and 65 different color looks. Supports resolutions of up to 3072 pixels.
  • FlickStackr ($1.99) - Very handy if you're someone who uses Flickr, as this app uploads, tags and manages your Flickr sets.
  • TiltShift Generator for iPad ($2.99) - Use this to apply depth-of-field effects to your photos. One of the best of the bunch, according to Fosfor.
  • Cropolator for iPad ($0.99) - Crops and rotates images. Supports resolutions of up to 3072 pixels.
  • Diptic ($1.99) - This app enables you to combine several photos to make a collage photo.
  • Photo Transfer App ($2.99) - Use this app to move images between your iPad, iPhone or computer via your Wi-Fi network.
  • Cinq for iPad ($4.99) - Installs a server on your computer with your iPhoto library, so that you can then use the app to browse through your photos in the library.
  • Photogene for iPad ($3.99) - A very popular app, apparently, enabling you to perform simple tweaks on your photos, such as cropping and adding different filters and frames.
  • Scott Kelby's Photo Recipes Live ($9.99) - An app from the best-selling photography writer, Scott Kelby, that teaches you how to take photographs.
  • Colorsplash ($1.99) - Use your finger to paint splashes of colour on photos.
  • SketchMee HD ($4.99) - Turns your photos into sketches. Supports resolutions of up to 4096 by 3072.
  • DropBox (Free) - Great for moving photos from your iPhone to your iPad or computer. The free version has up to 2GB of storage, and the premium version has 100GB.

Source: Fosfor.com

Last edited:

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You missed out Retouch which is great for removing unwanted detail, such as litter or phone wires. Surprisingly competent.

sch

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Filterstorm 2 is the best editor for the iPad so far.

Cheers,

alnlui

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's very helpful thread for a newbie like me. Thanks.

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I use FilterstormFX, Photogene, and Retouch. They aren't as good as lightroom and/or photoshop but are fine for tweaking photos on the iPad. I'm actually surprised at how good they are given the limited hardware when anything less than 4gb of ram on a desktop is painful.

Gayle

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use PhotoStudioHD and love it! Have most of the other apps mentioned in this thread, all useful, but I use PhotoStudio most of the time.

xune

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Great post and list of equally great photo editing apps.

I just wanted to add on great simple photo editing app that is completely free:

Photoshop Express.

Though it may not do as much as many of the paid apps, it does what the average Joe or Jane needs to do for simple editing.. and it's hard to shake a stick at free!

Most reactions

Latest posts