What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

10 more days!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Only four days till you can pre-order.

Unless someone wants to give me enough money to buy out of my current five mo old contract I'm going to have to stay with my current phone. All my extra cash is being saved for the iPad 2. If it disappoints on announcement I may reconsider, but probably not.

y2kgtp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm holding off and keeping my Droid for a bit.

This is not a new iPhone, just new to Verizon. It's the same iPhone 4 that AT&T has, except for the CDMA chip for use on VZW networks.

I hope everyone remembers what typically happens every year around June....

OP
G

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score

This is not a new iPhone, just new to Verizon. It's the same iPhone 4 that AT&T has, except for the CDMA chip for use on VZW networks.

Still new for me...since I've been with verizon and have never gotten to have one....2 for me as well ;)

y2kgtp

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Still new for me...since I've been with verizon and have never gotten to have one....2 for me as well ;)

Same here. Been with VZW for like 10 years at least. But I would hate to sign up for a iPhone for 2 years, and 4 months later, a brand new model comes out (possibly), in typical Apple fashion.

Possibly more memory, faster processor (perhaps multi-core), more storage,new antenna, 1.2GHz processor and a larger screen: 3.7" instead of 3.5" are just some of the rumors.

OP
G

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Same here. Been with VZW for like 10 years at least. But I would hate to sign up for a iPhone for 2 years, and 4 months later, a brand new model comes out (possibly), in typical Apple fashion.

Possibly more memory, faster processor (perhaps multi-core), more storage,new antenna, 1.2GHz processor and a larger screen: 3.7" instead of 3.5" are just some of the rumors.

iPhone 4 was the big refresh...which means the next one will have more internal storage (64GB probably) and maybe they will change the antennae placement for the 4 people that had an issue with it. Don't expect a huge change until 6 tho...that is the Apple way.

My phones won't be eligible for upgrade until July....perfect timing! So we shall see if there is any need to upgrade to 5...my guess is, no.

y2kgtp

iPF Noob
Reaction score

iPhone 4 was the big refresh...which means the next one will have more internal storage (64GB probably) and maybe they will change the antennae placement for the 4 people that had an issue with it. Don't expect a huge change until 6 tho...that is the Apple way.

My phones won't be eligible for upgrade until July....perfect timing! So we shall see if there is any need to upgrade to 5...my guess is, no.

I agree it likely won't be a completely new looking device, but I am going to hold out a bit. If I am stuck with a phone for 20-24 months, it might as well be the latest version....

zorah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Welcome all to the iPhone party! Have been enjoying mine since 2007! (well, all the different versions!!). I've been on AT&T forever, the whole back when it was called AT&T Wireless>Cingular>and AT&T again, but a "different" AT&T, etc. My coverage has been fine so I've never had a reason to switch, and naturally was happy that my carrier happened to be the one with iPhone. But I'm glad to see it going to Verizon now too for people with Verizon to also enjoy!

jkhonea

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
Ordered mine at 3:00 yesterday morning (East Coast). I'm keeping my Droid Incredible, my wife gets the iPhone. Best of both worlds. Got my tracking number already tonight, looks like its held up by the stupid weather in Memphis. But looks like it will come in well before Feb. 10th. She's so looking forward to her Valentine's Present. She's never been excited about getting a phone before this one.

canuckle

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm happier using my iPad 3G for the things I'd need an iPhone for. I like having my phone separate, especially since it gives me the ability to do wifi calls.

Wakawaka

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm actually picking up a iPhone 4 from AT&T on Saturday. Brother is getting one too (family plan).

Going with AT&T because I may tether my iPad. Save $5 lol and I like using data while talking.

Going to order a karas kustoms case day I get it.

Most reactions