What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Texting

mbs001

iPF Noob
Reaction score
New to IPad
I notice that there are several american apps for texting
Non seem to b for the Uk
Something I would use quite a lot if available
Any help, comments, ideas

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good to hear from you. You’ll find a whole bunch of iPad enthusiasts in this Forum who are only too willing to help other iPad owners and to hear of their experiences. Don’t be afraid to post any questions you may have or use the ‘Search’ button near the top of the Forum web page. I usually find I discover one new interesting and useful piece of information about my iPad every day - and often not even what I was looking for!!

I saw your note about text apps for the UK and, yes, you're right - they're few and far between or non-existent. I'm sure you'll get some suggestions, though, from Forum members but - as you've pointed out - most of the existing apps only work in the US

Hope to hear from you soon with your thoughts about the iPad.

Have fun and enjoy your iPad

If you don’t already have it you can download a copy of the iPad manual for free.

Apple - Support - Manuals

It’s free too.

Tim
Scotland

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Perhaps HeyWire.

There is also some talk about using Google Voice, so you might want to take a look into this thread:
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-apps/6728-need-texting-app.html

'HeyWire' looks good. I couldn't work out, from the App Store, whether it was restricted to the US or not. It mentions a list of countries - but no European ones, yet elsewhere it says 'texting to the rest of the world'.

We need someone who has tried it!! But it looks good - many thanks

Tim
Scotland

OP
M

mbs001

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tried heywire
U can indeed text free to many countries but not Uk and Europe
It does have many other features but all found elsewhere with STD social apps
So no joy yet

What I'd find irritating is that I receive 'txt' notes from orange, the ones that come up normally on iPhone and u cancel or reply (does not give u this option)
So obviously capable of txt service as it stands

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Spink10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My wife and I reside in the US her sister lives in the Netherlands and we use Heywire to text back and forth absolutely free. We love it!

W33D4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hav you tried Bump?
I am using it on iPhone, and franklky 'am not sure if it works on the pad but it is worth a try...

OP
M

mbs001

iPF Noob
Reaction score
0pawwap0 said:
Can iPad 1 do texting oj cellphones?

Sent from my iPad using iPF

This is what I am asking at start of thread
If u r not in Uk there are several apps. Some will txt to mobile but u need to read the details of the app to find which countries they support
There is no app for texting to mobiles in the Uk .... That I can find

KelleyB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, I found Bocosoft , perhaps it will work? the app says it has problems with vodafone, but that was last updated in 2009. Hope this helps!

Most reactions

Latest posts