What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sending mail on ipad

cocoipad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi
Can anyone help me - have checked and rechecked my mail settings, and can receive FINE, but cannot send any mail from my iPad 2. With Optus cable if that helps.

miket5au

iPF Novice
Reaction score
What have you set for the outgoing mail server in settings, mail, your mail account?

I am with iinet and set their smtp server for outgoing mail. I use a different mail server for incoming mail.

With 3G (vodafone) the iinet smtp will not work so will need a different smtp server setting .That is one thing that causes a problem on my laptop as well :)

Regards, Mick

OP
C

cocoipad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Tim
Great news! I called Optus and it turns out that I had the INCORRECT outgoing mail server address on my other Mail account....so I really AM an iPad noob! But geez, I love this little gadget!
Thanks so much for persevering.... ;)

miket5au

iPF Novice
Reaction score
cocoipad said:
I have used mail.optusnet.com.au - for both incoming (POP) and outgoing SMTP

Which is correct according to the optus technical support site. Do you have it set to use port 25?

Edit:eek:kay I see you have it fixed...

Regards, Mick

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Tim
Great news! I called Optus and it turns out that I had the INCORRECT outgoing mail server address on my other Mail account....so I really AM an iPad noob! But geez, I love this little gadget!
Thanks so much for persevering.... ;)

Great news - don't worry - those port numbers, IMAP, POP and SMTP settings can get anyone confused!!

Enjoy your iPad.

Tim

Jango

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Another option is to use JangoSMTP as your outgoing mail sever. It's free for 200 emails/month and often solves a lot of sending issues that people come across. It works great internationally and gives you the option to send on port 2525 or 587 if port 25 is blocked. It can also track when people open or click on your emails. There are directions on how to set it up on iPhone here. It's pretty similar to iPad. Hopefully this helps.

Most reactions

Latest posts