What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

zynga poker iPad version

Status
Not open for further replies.

peire

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok I just dl the iPad version of zynga poker from the app store but when I start it up it just shows a small box in the top left of the iPad of the game ??? Wy is that if I have the iPad version

Thanks for any help

Sent from my HTC Desire HD using iPad Forums

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Peire: Please stop bumping your post! It's poor forum etiquette. This is an international forum - not everyone is going to be able to read your post and respond in less than a day. In addition, you may not be getting answers because no one knows the solution (that'd be why I didn't answer, the first time, BTW).

Have patience. If someone is out there who can answer your question...they'll be along.

Thanks.

Marilyn

P.S. Did you try a reboot of your iPad - the standard "first response" when the iPad starts acting strangely?

OP
P

peire

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry but I only bump the post because it could get lost in the forum after so many other posts that have been made I gave 24 hrs before bumping my post That i made 2 days ago i made an intro post and didn't get an introduction from a mod so that's wy I thought the threads get lost in the forum

Sorry for bumping

Yes I re booted and still the same

Sent from my iPod touch using iPF

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I downloaded Zynga Poker (the free one, right?). It loads fine on my iPad1. I don't know how to play it, but it appears that everything is as it should be. I get an option to play via Facebook or to join as a guest. Looks okay to me...

As yours is not working, my only recommendation is to delete the app from your iPad, reboot and then re-download it again from the App Store.

If that doesn't work, maybe check the developer's web site to see if anyone else has the problem?

That's all I've got, sorry.

Marilyn

OP
P

peire

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i deleted and re installed it, at first it froze on installation then i deleted it then installed again took longer to install than usual started the game and still a little box in the corner doesnt fill the screen, here is some screen shots of my issue.....

this one is in the corner with a white background
IMG_0053.PNG
IMG_0054.PNG

Last edited:

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Huh. That's definitely odd. Somehow, that app thinks you are on an iPhone/iPod. When I put it on my iPad, I got the fullscreen affect, not that little box as in your pictures.

I don't really know what to tell you to fix it, especially when you said you got the iPad version.

Oh, try this. Put your iPad into Safe Mode. Then, run the game again and see if it loads properly. It may be something about a tweak you have loaded in your jail break... Maybe you have an iPhone theme or something that's confusing the game.

Not that I'll know what to do if it IS, but at least you'll have a start for talking with the developer (which, honestly, I think you'll need to do).

Marilyn

OP
P

peire

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It was the same with com and and conquer as well with just a box in the corner

How do I put my iPad in safe mode ?? I have done it before but didn't know how I did it lol

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Open SBSettings. In the lower right side is a button titled "Power." Pressing that gives you a pop-up with several options, one of which is Safe Mode. Press that and your iPad will go into Safe Mode.

Marilyn

OP
P

peire

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ye it's ok in safe mode so you must be right about a tweak clashing with it but witch one lol

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Peire's problems are because he's got pirated apps and repos on his iPad. Guarantee that's the problem. However, we'll offer no more help at this forum ....

iPadForums does not support piracy - or those who do piracy. It's stealing, illegal and just plain wrong! Don't be a pirate!!!

Thread closed.

Marilyn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions