ZUM SC back cover

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories for iPAD 1, 2 and 3' started by luvmac, Nov 6, 2011.

1. luvmac

luvmac iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks for your recommendations... I checked the belkin .. case but it has plenty of negative feedbacks.. and after I have done some research and found out lots of people recommend this case

ZUM SC ULTIMATE review - highly recommend for smart cover users - MacRumors Forums

I found out their video is pretty funny too : )

Any real users here?? I need to make a decision today ... thanks for your help!!

Cherry

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 23, 2014
  2. jsh1120

jsh1120 iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +87 / 0
    The ZUM case does have many fans. And for those who want to use the SmartCover as if it were part of a single product that covers both the screen and the back of the iPad, it apparently works quite well. There are, of course, many alternatives that incorporate both functions in a single product but if you already have (or want) a SmartCover, the ZUM may be the best alternative. But if you go that route be sure you want to give up one important feature of the SmartCover; that you can easily remove it. The fact that the SmartCover can be easily detached from the iPad is not necessarily a design flaw; it's a design feature. You may not like that feature. Many people apparently don't like it. But just recognize that you are sacrificing it before you choose the ZUM.

3. luvmac

luvmac iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks for the heads up... i think I should borrow an iPad2 from my friend to see if the easy removal is a benefit or not.. but my 7 year old may use it... too...

4. Chays

Chays iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9 / 0
    Great product, I want one :)
    Chays

5. luvmac

luvmac iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Checked with my friends and one of them really had the iPad 2 damaged because of the accidental detachment of the smart cover:( he had paid almost $200 to fix... and its not covered by apple.

I believe the zum case is good for me.. just ordered one from amazon. wish I had made the right decision....

6. jsh1120

jsh1120 iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +87 / 0
    Yup, that's the main argument in favor of the ZUM. Personally, it hasn't been a problem for me but then I don't try to pick up my 7y/o daughter by her hat, either. :)

7. Glenn

Glenn iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Agreed but it happens to me sliding in and out of a waterfield bag that is heavily packed...the zum solves that problem.

8. jsh1120

jsh1120 iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +87 / 0
    Agreed. My comment was meant mostly in jest. I have a Waterfield bag (Travel Express) and things can get a bit crowded in there with the iPad and the Origami Workstation. So I know whereof you speak.

On the other hand, I think there is some confusion about the utility of the ZUM case. Unless you're committed to having (or have already purchased) a SmartCover, there are many combination screen protector/back cases that provide the same functionality as the SmartCover/ZUM combo at (a) less money, (b) more look/feel options, or (c) both. Not meant as a criticism of the ZUM. Just a note of clarification.