1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Zoogue Case Warped after One Week!

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories for iPAD 1, 2 and 3' started by Ultrimate, Jul 26, 2010.

1. Ultrimate

Ultrimate iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I had this case for a lil over a week now, I have not put any stress on it once so ever, just simply been using it like normal, here are the results. I have nooooooooooooooo ideeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaa why the maker didnt just use hard plastic for the panels and wrap them in leather...

[​IMG]
  2. 4phun

4phun iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0

I thought that Zoogue case was more hype than quality.
  3. Hasty

Hasty iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22 / 0
    Rats. You'll have to use a clothes peg on that.....

Gunna loose the cool image.
  4. Nasty

Nasty iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I think they got a bad batch of them because something similar happened to me. I contacted them and they replaced it immediately.

For the record, i LOVE my zoogue. It's great to have a case that allows me to set the screen at whatever angle I want.
  5. Hasty

Hasty iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22 / 0
    Nasty are we related? Enquiring minds want to know...........
  6. Purpleorchid

Purpleorchid iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
  7. Ultrimate

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I might try and contact the company, but I'm afraid the something will happen..:confused:
  8. Purpleorchid

Purpleorchid iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    What are you afraid of? The worst is they'll say sorry. The other side is say "Sorry, let us send you a replacement".
  9. CaptKirk

CaptKirk iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    If you didn't prop it for yor picture, that's pretty bad. Mine is warping but nothing like that. I wouldn't feel bad about calling them on it. Just make sure you have a real problem and you aren't creating that :confused:
  10. Ultrimate

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    no, I didnt prop, this is the real deal..

yeah, i will call them, i think they give 2 weeks refund anyway..

I just hate to go thru process, pay return shipping and then get my new case and a week later samething.. but never know till you try...
  11. Ultrimate

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Ok, I sent email thru their contact page, wish there was a number.
  12. robbojiggs

robbojiggs iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Tim Angel will replace the case, AND pay the shipping../....but for a quick fix, just grab the sides and bend the thing back, works for me and takes 5 seconds, not a big deal....that photo is extreme .....the way the cboard is stiched in , it was too tight , pulling it up.....once the leather relaxes over time, so does the "pull".....Rob
  13. AVService

AVService iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have a different issue with my Z.G. and I emailed and was told to send it in for a replacement.
    Trouble is I am out of town till God knows when?

I got a fast response the first time and I asked if I need an RMA and have never heard back.

Ed
  14. Ultrimate

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I should mention I emailed Tim and he responded like in an hour, he also mentioned there is no problem in exchanging it..
  15. frunkskunk

frunkskunk iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I just wanted to post a few pics in this thread in case others may be having this same issue. I ordered my Zoogue case on 7/15. I have the same warping effect of the front cover of the case as well as air pocket bubbles forming under the front cover, where the felt has lifted away. Sorry for the bad lighting/quality of pics taken with an iPhone.

I also wanted to thank Tim @ Zoogue for his immediate response to my email query. I bought the case through Amazon.com (filled by Buy.com) and was wondering if I had to go through them to get the issue resolved. Tim said it's good to go and for me to mail him my Zoogue case. This is customer service here folks! Thank you!

By the way, the case is great besides these few issues. Love the any angle any time concept. Only thing I would change for a version 2 Zoogue is not make the border of the case go all the way to the screens edge. This makes it hard to use apps/games that require you to interact with things right on the screen border (i.e. like hitting the back button in browsers). It also makes moving icons to a new home screen way too difficult.

EDIT: I also wanted to add to what Tim said above. I also have the incase convertible book case cover which has the same warping effect as the Zoogue's seen here. Maybe a heavy duty plastic inside the front cover would help with the warping issue.

EDIT 2: I wanted to add one more thing. Just so Tim can try and pin point the cause of the above issues. Might have just been a bad batch of cases. But I wanted to add that I live in hot and humid Florida, and I constantly take my ipad and Zoogue case from AC environment out to my car(which I know probably isn't good for PC's or electronics). This might be something that's causing the above issues.
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2010
  16. Itzxdjx

Itzxdjx iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yeah the humidity i feel defently should be the cause of that! Do you all keep the case on it at all times? It dosent seem to bulky?
  17. CaptKirk

CaptKirk iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    I don't think humidity is causing the bubbles, mine is doing the same thing here in 'hot as hell Calif. I think it's an adhesive problem. The ZooGue case has some minor issues but on the bright side, the manufacture is on top of resolving with it's customers. IMO these issues are minor annoyances I can live with.
  18. Ultrimate

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I love California , I went to school at SFSU, but lived all over in California I want move back there, have an aunt in Santa barbara, lived there to for sometime.. SB is the best place in CA. in my opinion, expensive tho.
  19. George Knighton

George Knighton iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have been using the ZooGue case for quite a while now.

Mine is warping a little on the flat part of the case that is the part that would be resting on a desk when you're using the case in landscape typing mode.

It's not that hard to bend back, and I am not dissatisfied with it.

When the case is closed, the iPad is still fully protected and the minor warping does not impede the use or the looks.

If I were asked to make a recommendation, I would suggest that in future iterations of the case you might consider using a more resilient material under the leather of that part of the case.