What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Zip file issues.

Clare26

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I will try to make this as simple as i can but it may sound a little long winded and I apologise if I'm posting in the wrong place. I make and sell clip art which I sell on an Etsy shop, I make my clip art in the inkpad app. I then usually add them to Dropbox and then download them from Dropbox onto my laptop. I then zip the file and upload it to my Etsy listing. This all seems a bit long winded and I would love to do it all from my ipad, I downloaded Izip Pro which means I can now zip my files on my ipad. When I try to upload my listing though, it will only add pictures from my camera roll... Is there any way to add the zipped folder to my camera roll or any app that will let me do that?

ANY help and advice would be really appreciated!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I can think of only two possibilities.

One, see if the Etsy app has an upload feature. I'm not familiar with the service, so I have no idea. You might be able to get more info by going to their app's support page, which should be linked on the apps App Store page.

The other is the iCab Mobile browser. This is the only browser that I know of that can upload files to the web. You have to copy the file to the iCab app first, via Open In or other method. Once in the app you should be able to browse for it after using the Choose File option on a web site. iCab works with most sites, but not all of them, so it's a bit of a gamble getting it.

OP
C

Clare26

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you

Thank you so much for getting back to me! I have tried both of your suggestions but to no avail, I do really appreciate your help though. Icab was brilliant and I thought it was a winner but after I click the add file tab and select what I want, nothing happens. I will keep trying and if you think of anything else I would greatly appreciate it :)

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I'm afraid iCab is my only trick when it comes to uploading files to websites. In many other scenarios I'd suggest doing an end run by sharing a file via DropBox or another cloud service, but that's probably not an option in your case.

Hopefully another Etsy user were wander by with a better solution.

Most reactions

Latest posts