Zino App not downloading PC Mag, but OK w/ others?

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by giradman, Feb 16, 2013.

1. giradman

giradman iPad Super Guru

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,078 / 0
    I own an iPad2 w/ the current iOS (not JB) - also I have been using the Zinio app from the beginning - my current mags are iPhone, PC Mag, & Macworld - this has been working perfectly for months - several days ago I was notified that a new issue of PC Mag arrived - started the DL, the screen orientation switched from vertical to horizontal, then went blank! I had to enter the taskbar to stop the app - no help; then did a restart & a reset w/o any effect. I deleted the app (along w/ all of my DL mags - YUCK!).

So, DL the app again and first added the 2013 issues of iPhone & Macworld - came in fine, as usual - THEN, tried to DL PC Mag - SAME problem! This seems to be a 'new' and specific issue w/ the Zinio app & PC Mag - I emailed Zinio yesterday but no response as of 8:30PM my time (and I'm not sure if I'll get one?) - SO, I hoping that someone may have an explanation to correct this problem - thanks for suggestions. :)

2. giradman

giradman iPad Super Guru

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,078 / 0
    Well, for those who may be having a 'new' problem with the Zinio app as described in my OP, I did receive a reply from their support team - part of their message is shown below; as suspected, the issue concerns the display of PC Mag in Zinio - hopefully Apple will quickly approve their patch.

P.S. as a lagniappe, I was given a free issue of another magazine not in my Zinio collection - :thumbs:

3. AQ_OC

AQ_OC Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +431 / 0
    I was about to recently download the latest issue on my mini...and I just got the March issue on my iPad 3. So, I don't know if it is an iPad 2 problem or just a problem with some iPads...

What do you think of the new format PC Mag is using?

4. giradman

giradman iPad Super Guru

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,078 / 0
    Hi AQ.. - I was able to view the immediate previous issue of PC Mag on my iPad2 - w/ this newest offering the DL goes into a landscape mode & then freezes - I need to shut down the app to even recover its use - so, guess that I cannot comment of the 'new format' unless I can get this app updated and working as before - sorry for providing no help. Dave :)