1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Zinio on an iPad vs. a MacBook Pro?

Discussion in 'iPad Help' started by KathleenKK, Aug 15, 2011.

1. KathleenKK

KathleenKK iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi,

I teach Visual Arts and use my Mac & iPad to create documents and handouts for my students.

Sometimes I need to Copy/Paste articles from the Net for, say, my section on Current Events in the World of Visual Arts. I may find a great article in a magazine like ARTnews that it is not available on the Web. I could xerox it but I prefer to Copy/Paste for unity and for editing.

I subscribed to several arts magazines on Zinio. On my iPad, I can Copy/Paste articles from the magazines and email them to myself.

Here is the rub: on my MacBook Pro (MBP), Zinio does not allow this. I can take a ScreenShot of a page or image and I can Print a page or several pages from an article. But, the Email option on the MBP is grayed out and the option to transform the page to a Text format that the iPad offers does not exist on the MBP when using Zinio.

Does anybody know why that is? Is there a way to be able to Copy/Paste and Email magazine pages from the MBP?

Thanks!

KathleenKK
  2. twerppoet

twerppoet iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,017 / 1
    You'll probably have to talk to the developer, but I'd guess it's because they are afraid someone would set up a script to copy magazine articles wholesale. Can't do that on an iPad.