What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Zinio on an iPad vs. a MacBook Pro?

KathleenKK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

I teach Visual Arts and use my Mac & iPad to create documents and handouts for my students.

Sometimes I need to Copy/Paste articles from the Net for, say, my section on Current Events in the World of Visual Arts. I may find a great article in a magazine like ARTnews that it is not available on the Web. I could xerox it but I prefer to Copy/Paste for unity and for editing.

I subscribed to several arts magazines on Zinio. On my iPad, I can Copy/Paste articles from the magazines and email them to myself.

Here is the rub: on my MacBook Pro (MBP), Zinio does not allow this. I can take a ScreenShot of a page or image and I can Print a page or several pages from an article. But, the Email option on the MBP is grayed out and the option to transform the page to a Text format that the iPad offers does not exist on the MBP when using Zinio.

Does anybody know why that is? Is there a way to be able to Copy/Paste and Email magazine pages from the MBP?

Thanks!

KathleenKK

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
You'll probably have to talk to the developer, but I'd guess it's because they are afraid someone would set up a script to copy magazine articles wholesale. Can't do that on an iPad.

Most reactions